About Iason Mantagos, MD, PhD
Iason Mantagos, M.D. earned his degree in medicine from Boston University. After his residency at Boston Medical Center, Dr. Mantagos completed a fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus at Children's Hospital Boston. His clinical specialties include pediatric and adult strabismus, pediatric glaucoma, pediatric intraocular surgery, and retinopathy of prematurity.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Pediatric cataracts
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine
- Residency, Boston Medical Center
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
1. Roohipoor R, Alvarez R, Brodowska K, Yaseri M, Kloek C, Riazi M, Nourinia R, Nikkhah H, Prajna NV, Krishnan C, Tuli S, Green L, Srikumaran D, Shah AS, Mantagos IS, Chiang M, Chan RVP, Loewenstein J. Evaluation of computer-based retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) education for ophthalmology residents: a randomized, controlled, multicenter study. J AAPOS. 2019 04; 23(2):86.e1-86.e7.
2. Oatts JT, Doyle JJ, Dodd MU, Mantagos IS, Dagi LR. Acquired reversible Brown syndrome caused by focal abscess of the superior oblique muscle. J AAPOS. 2019 Jun; 23(3):172-174.
3. Wallace DK, Dean TW, Hartnett ME, Kong L, Smith LE, Hubbard GB, McGregor ML, Jordan CO, Mantagos IS, Bell EF, Kraker RT. A Dosing Study of Bevacizumab for Retinopathy of Prematurity: Late Recurrences and Additional Treatments. Ophthalmology. 2018 12; 125(12):1961-1966.
4. Wan MJ, Gilbert A, Kazlas M, Wu C, Mantagos IS, Hunter DG, Shah AS. The Effect of Botulinum Toxin Augmentation on Strabismus Surgery for Large-Angle Infantile Esotropia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2018 05; 189:160-165.
5. Mantagos IS, Kleinman ME, Kieran MW, Gordon LB. Ophthalmologic Features of Progeria. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017 Oct; 182:126-132.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings