Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2909
Newton, MAPhone: 617-243-6585
Nashua, NHPhone: 603-577-2000
About Eray Savgan Gurol, MD
Eray Savgan Gurol, MD, is a pediatric endocrinologist with particular interests in Type I Diabetes, growth disorders, precocious puberty and neuroendocrinology. She completed pediatric residency at University of Iowa in 2007, and a fellowship in pediatric endocrinology at University of Iowa and Massachusetts General Hospital for Children in 2010. She is interested in improving type I Diabetes care in children. She is working on a project called “Type I Diabetes Stories,” which aims to give an opportunity to children and young adults with Diabetes as well as their families to voice their perspective and share their experiences by recording their stories.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Adrenal disorders
- Diabetes mellitus type 1
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
- Disorders of calcium and bone
- Growth and nutritional disorders
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Pubertal disorders
- Thyroid and adrenal disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General for Children: Pediatric Endocrine Program and Diabetes Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General for Children at Newton Wellesley Hospital
2014 Washington St.
Newton, MA 02462
Mass General for Children at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
8 Prospect St.
Nashua, NH 03060
- MD, Istanbul Tip Fakultesi
- Residency, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine
- Residency, Istanbul Tip Fakultesi
- Residency, University of Iowa Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, TUFTS MEDICAL CENTER
- Fellowship, University of Iowa Children's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Endocrinology, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- BCBS Anthem - NH
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- NH Healthy Families
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Health Plan NH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Savgan-Gurol has worked on maternal vitamin D gene polymorphisms that may predispose to premature birth, and on techniques used to assess regional body composition to best determine clinical and DXA surrogates for visceral and subcutaneous fat and intramyocellular lipid, as analyzed by MRI and MRS techniques.
1-Waist to hip ratio and trunk to extremity fat (DXA) are better surrogates for IMCL and for visceral fat respectively than for subcutaneous fat in adolescent girls.
Savgan-Gurol E, Bredella M, Russell M, Mendes N, Klibanski A, Misra M.
Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010 Dec 9;7:86. doi: 10.1186/1743-7075-7-86.
2-Growth and IGF-1 levels of children with familial Mediterranean fever on colchicine treatment.
Savgan-Gürol E, Kasapçopur O, Hatemi S, Ercan O, Caliskan S, Sever L, Ozdogan H, Arisoy N.
Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2001 Sep-Oct;19(5 Suppl 24):S72-5.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings