Shortly after birth, Elias Asry was fussy and feverish. After a few tests and several attempts to calm him, he was diagnosed with early onset septicemia from E. coli bacteria in his bloodstream.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Neonatology and Newborn Medicine Unit
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Story
- Nov | 27 | 2018
When Shea Tufts was born premature at 27 weeks, the Neonatal care team did CPR for 12 nerve-wracking minutes. Now an energetic preschooler, Shea's rocky first months paved the way for her to thrive.