Jack Elder, MD
Jack Elder, MD
Chief, Division of Pediatric Urology
MassGeneral Hospital for Children
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
Mass General for Children at Newton Wellesley Hospital
2014 Washington St.
Newton, MA 02462
Mass General for Children: Pediatric Urology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Residency, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Fellowship, Johns Hopkins Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Urology, American Board of Urology
- Urology, American Board of Urology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Elder has made significant contributions to numerous pediatric urological conditions, including management of undescended testicles, medical and surgical management of adolescent varicocele, treatment of vesicoureteral reflux, evaluation and management of antenatally detected hydronephrosis, and the application of robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery to pediatric urological malformations. In addition, he has a strong interest in health outcomes research pertaining to pediatric urological conditions and procedures, including UPJ obstruction, UTI, testicular torsion, varicocele, stone disease, nephrectomy, and partial nephrectomy.
- Sammon J, Trinh QD, Elder JS: Pediatric nephrectomy: incidence, indications, and utilization of minimally invasive techniques. J Urol 2014, 191: 764-770.
- Sukumar S, Roghmann F, Sood A, Elder JS: Correction of UPJ obstruction in children: national trends and comparative effectiveness. J Endourol 2014; 28: 592-598 .
- Ghani KR, Trinh QD, Elder JS: Robotic nephrolithotomy and pyelolithotomy with utilization of the robotic ultrasound probe. Int Braz J Urol 2014; 40: 125-126.
- Elder JS, Shapiro E: Posterior urethral valves. In: Holcomb GW III, Murphy JP, Ostlie DJ (eds), Ashcraft's Pediatric Surgery, 6th Ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2014, p. 762-772.
- Sood A, Trinh Q-D, Elder JS: Incidence, admission rates, and economic burden of pediatric ED visits for UTI. J Pediatr Urol 2015; 11:246.e1-8.
- Kapoor V, Elder JS: Simultaneous bilateral robotic-assisted procedures in children. J Robot Surg 2015; 9: 285-290.
- Elder JS: Urologic Disorders in Infants and Children. In: Kliegman RM, et al (eds), Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 20th edition, Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2016, p. 2554-2604.
- Suson KD, Wolfe-Christensen C, Elder JS: Practice patterns and outcomes of pediatric partial nephrectomy in the United States. J Pediatr Urol 2015; 11: 271.e1-5
- Sood A, Li H, Elder JS: Treatment patterns and disparities in inpatient surgical management of testicular torsion in boys: a population-based study 1998-2010. BJU Int 2016
- Elder JS: Surgical management of the undescended testis: recent advances and controversies. Eur J Ped Surg 2016; 26: 418-426.