Leela Sarathy, MD
Leela Sarathy, MD
Medical Director, Newborn Medicine
Instructor, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2000
About Leela Sarathy, MD
Leela Sarathy, MD is a newborn and pediatric hospitalist, and the Medical Director of Well Newborn Services at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center. She also sees patients in the Newborn Developmental Follow-Up Clinic at MGHfC. Dr. Sarathy specializes in providing safe, high-value care to babies and children of all ages. Her academic interests include quality improvement and decreasing unnecessary interventions. Dr. Sarathy has won teaching awards and her work has been presented at national conferences.
Outside of work, Dr. Sarathy enjoys cooking, gardening, and spending time with her family.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Inpatient pediatrics
- Medical Education
- Newborn medicine
- Quality Improvement
Mass General for Children: Pediatric Hospital Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine
- Residency, Hasbro Children's Hospital/Lifespan
- Fellowship, TUFTS MEDICAL CENTER
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Sarathy L, Gill E, Lombardi M, Aragona E, Rauch D, Cardoso M. Decreasing Unnecessary Monitor Use on an Inpatient Pediatrics Ward. (Presented as a poster at the American Academic of Pediatrics Meeting, Orlando FL, November 2018).
Sarathy L, Cheston C, Blanco M. Pediatric Resident Perceptions of High-Value Care. (Presented as a poster at the Pediatric Academic Societies meeting, Toronto CA, May 2018 and the Pediatric Hospital Medicine national conference, Atlanta GA, July 2018.)
Sarathy L, Koster M, Silva J, Lakhiani C, Cerezo C. Long-term Outcomes of Children Hospitalized with Failure to Thrive. (Presented as a poster at the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Annual Meeting, Washington DC, October 2015.)
Sarathy L, Lelkes N. Hard to Stomach: A Clinical Conundrum. (Platform presentation at the Pediatric Hospital Medicine national conference, San Antonio TX, July 2015.)
Peacock-Chambers E, Dicks K, Sarathy L, Brown AA, Boynton-Jarret R. Perceived Maternal Behavioral Control, Infant Behavior and Milk Supply: A Qualitative Study. The Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. July/August 2017; 38(6): 401-408.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings