Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General for Children: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
55 Fruit St.
5th Floor, Suite 530
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, New York Medical College
- Residency, Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- Fellowship, New York Presbyterian Columbia
American Board Certifications
- Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Shui?s research passion is to promote gentle ventilation in infants vulnerable to developing chronic lung injury. Her innovative approach to reveal neonatal lung physiology with electrical impedance tomography is growing recognition.
- Yonker LM... Shui JE... Alter G, Li JZ, Fasano A. Pediatric Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2): Clinical Presentation, Infectivity, and Immune Responses. J Pediatr. 2020. 227:45-52.e5
- Edlow AG... Shui JE... Alter G. Assessment of Maternal and Neonatal SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load, Transplacental Antibody Transfer, and Placental Pathology in Pregnancies During the COVID-19 Pandemic. JAMA Netw Open. 2020. 3(12)
- Shook LL, Shui JE, Boatin AA, Devane S... Kaimal AJ, Lerou PH, Edlow AG. Rapid establishment of a COVID-19 perinatal biorepository: early lessons from the first 100 women enrolled. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2020. 20(1):215
- Lu J, Zhu X, Shui JE, Xiong L... Crawford BC, Mou H, Lerou PH. Rho/SMAD/mTOR triple inhibition enables long-term expansion of human neonatal tracheal aspirate-derived airway basal cell-like cells. Pediatric Research. 2020
- Shui JE, Messina M, Hill-Ricciuti A, Maykowski P, Leone T, Sahni R, Isler J, Saiman L. Impact of Respiratory Viruses in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Journal of Perinatology. 2018. 38(11):1556-65
- Jensen TJ, Shui JE, Finck CM. The effect of meconium exposure on the expression and differentiation of amniotic fluid mesenchymal stem cells. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 2017. 11:1-11