Makiko Watanabe, PhD
Makiko Watanabe, PhD
Instructor in Psychology, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-5600
About Makiko Watanabe, PhD
Dr. Makiko Watanabe (she/her) is a child psychologist in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital. She specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for children and adolescents with anxiety, mood, and behavioral disorders. She also offers brief consultations and group-based interventions to families through collaborations with pediatrics.
Dr. Watanabe earned her undergraduate psychology degree from The University of Chicago and her doctorate in clinical psychology from George Washington University. She completed her predoctoral internship at Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School, conducting diagnostic evaluations and providing evidence-based interventions and consultation-liaison services. During her post-doctoral fellowship at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, she provided Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for adolescents and young adults with suicidal/nonsuicidal self-injurious behaviors and/or characteristics associated with Borderline Personality Disorder.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Behavioral Difficulties
- Child and adolescent psychotherapy
- Families coping with medical illness
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Japanese, Korean
Mass General Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- PhD, George Washington University
- Residency, Boston Childrens Hospital
- Fellowship, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings