Zabrina Shabin, MD
Zabrina Shabin, MD
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General for Children at Newton Wellesley Hospital
978 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Children's Orthopaedics Service
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Drexel University College of Medicine
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, New York University Langone Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Shabin's research interests include the treatment and outcomes of surgically and non-surgically treated developmental dysplasia of the hip, pediatric fractures and scoliosis. Additionally, she has studied geographic differences in healthcare access and how this affects patient outcomes and diagnosis of pediatric orthopedic conditions.
- Bais M, Shabin Z, Young M, Einhorn T, Kotton D, Gerstenfeld LC. Role of Nanog in the maintenance of marrow stromal stem cells during post natal bone regeneration. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2012 Jan 6;417 (1): 211-216.
- Hofmann K, Shabin Z, Ferkel E, Jockel J, Slovenkai M. Salto Talaris total ankle arthroplasty: Clinical results at a mean of 5.2 years in 78 patients treated by a single surgeon. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Am. 2016 Dec 21; 98(24): 2036-2046.
- Nezwek, TA, Braun SV, Menendez ME, Grussing ED, Shabin ZM. Area Deprivation Index and Magnitude of Scoliosis at Presentation to a Tertiary Referral Scoliosis Clinic in Massachusetts. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2021 Oct 1;41(9):e712-716.
- Masrouha K, Shabin Z, Bhutada K, Sala D, Godfried D, Karamitopoulos M. Impact of tranexamic acid on blood loss and transfusion rate in children with cerebral palsy undergoing hip reconstruction with two or more osteotomies. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. 2022 Feb;32(2):287-291.