Patient EducationJun | 1 | 2020
Meditations to Help Bring on the Relaxation Response
CDs from the Benson-Henry Institute
To order a copy, visit the Benson-Henry Institute's webpage or call 617-643-6090.
- Learning the Relaxation Response: Guided Meditation for Students and Adults. Rana Chudnofsky, MEd, Jennifer Johnston, LMHC, and Laura Malloy, LICSW.
These exercises will help you positively approach life’s daily challenges. Choose from different tracks to help you develop healthy ways to cope with stress and help improve your ability to learn and focus.
- Bringing Relaxation to Your Life. Olivia Hoblitzelle, MA.
Learn key techniques for the Relaxation Response, such as breath awareness, using focus words, body scan relaxation and mindfulness around sensations, thoughts and sounds.
- Therapeutic Meditations for Healing the Body and Mind. Ellen Slawsby, PhD.
Meditations to bring health, healing and relaxation to your body and mind. This CD is helpful for preparing for medical procedures, releasing everyday stress, releasing muscle tension and encouraging the brain to release endorphins (feelgood chemicals that help you feel relaxed).
Meditations you can download
These meditations are available on iTunes®, Spotify®, GooglePlay® and more.
- Bring Relaxation to Your Life. Olivia Hoblitzelle, MA.
- Stress Management and Resiliency Training.
Various experts on meditation.
- Meditations for Students. Rana Chudnofsky, MEd, Laura Malloy, LICSW, and Jennifer Johnson, LMHC.
Search for the following titles to download single meditations:
- Muscle Relaxation by Laura Malloy, LICSW
- Breath Focus by Rana Chudnofsky, MEd
- “Mini” Meditations Introduction by Rana Chudnofsky, MEd
- “Mini” Beach Imagery by Rana Chudnofsky, MEd
- Breath-Focused Awareness by Patricia Arcari, PhD, RN
- Body-Focused Awareness by Patricia Arcari, PhD, RN
- Loving Kindness Meditation by Patricia Arcari, PhD, RN
- Basic Body Scan by Leslee Kagan, MS, NP
- Wise Person Guided Imagery by Leslee Kagan, MS, NP
- Relaxation for Personal Peace and Renewal by James Huddleston, MS, PT
- Idealized Self by Ann Webster, PhD
Rev. 5/2019. Information courtesy of the Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital. Mass General for Children and Massachusetts General Hospital do not endorse any of the brands listed on this handout. This handout is intended to provide health information so that you can be better informed. It is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to treatment of any medical conditions.
Appointments and Referrals
Request an appointment or second opinion, refer a patient, find a doctor or view test results with MGfC's secure online services.