MGHfC Sleep Disorders Program
MGH Professional Office Building
275 Cambridge Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
Lab Phone: 617-573-5699
To schedule an appointment with a MassGeneral for Children pediatric specialist, please call 888-644-3248 or complete our online appointment form to request an appointment.
To order a sleep study at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, please fax the following requisition and needs assessment forms with a recent clinic note to: 617-724-2803.
Requisition form [pdf]
Needs assessment form [pdf]
Explore This Treatment Program
The Sleep Disorders Program at MassGeneral Hospital for Children provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment for children with disorders of sleep including:
- Sleep apnea, both central and obstructive
- Parasomnias (unusual behaviors during sleep such as sleepwalking, sleep talking and head banging)
- Excessive daytime sleepiness, including disorders such as narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia
- Behavioral sleep problems in young children such as frequent nocturnal awakenings and bedtime resistance
- Restless leg syndrome
- Circadian disorders
The sleep service conducts comprehensive outpatient examinations of each patient. Based on these investigations, we offer a number of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions including:
- Overnight polysomnography
- Multiple sleep latency testing
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), bi-level positive airway pressure (BIPAP) and nocturnal ventilation
- Cognitive-behavioral treatment of insomnia, problems settling at bedtime or frequent awakenings
- Medication management of insomnia, restless leg syndrome, narcolepsy and sleep schedule problems
The sleep disorders team includes specially trained physicians and sleep technologists. We perform sleep studies nightly both in the Pediatric Sleep Laboratory at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and in the clinical neurophysiology laboratory.
Meet the Team
Learn more about our interdisciplinary team of care providers.