Support the Down Syndrome Program
Philanthropy has always been an essential part of Mass General’s history, dating back to the founding of the hospital in 1811. Gifts from individuals help to support the hospital’s three-part mission of innovative research and education in addition to patient care that is second to none.
To make a secure online gift to support the Down Syndrome Program, please visit the Mass General for Children donation form. In the "Designation" box, type in "Down Syndrome Program," and complete the rest of the form.
If you prefer to make a gift via check, please make your check payable to The Massachusetts General Hospital, add "Down Syndrome Program" in the memo line, and mail it to:
Director of Development
Mass General Development Office
125 Nashua Street
Boston, MA 02114-1101
If you have any questions, please contact Dominic at: 617-726-6853 or by email: email@example.com
Here are some of the ways in which your donation will make a real difference at our MassGeneral Hospital Down Syndrome Program:
- Parent Support and Education Groups: Education and knowledge-sharing is important for parents and families. Donations help us to organize parent support and education groups, where families can come together to share resources and learn from medical professionals (and each other!) about caring for a loved one with Down syndrome. Groups are also available in Spanish.
- Groundbreaking Clinical Research: We strive to deliver the highest quality care possible for our patients with Down syndrome, and this is in part thanks to groundbreaking clinical research that constantly helps us improve treatments, therapies, and our understanding of the medical complexities of Down syndrome. When you donate to support our research, you are helping people with Down syndrome live even fuller, healthier, and happier lives.
- Team members: Several positions within our Program are only made possible through philanthropic support, as insurance companies do not provide reimbursement for all of the services that we are proud to deliver to our patients. If you are interested in supporting one of the positions, in full or in part, please contact us at the information above.
- Educational Meetings: Each team member in our Program is constantly striving to become even more knowledgeable about Down syndrome. Attending and participating in local and national conferences strengthens our ability to provide the best care for your son or daughter. Funding that helps defray the costs of travel and registration expenses enables our team to participate in these meetings.
- Miles for Mass General: Are you running in a race and want it to benefit the MGH Down Syndrome Program? Run any race in the world in support of the Down Syndrome Program by visiting the Miles for Mass General website and registering your unique fundraising page here. No fundraising minimum required!