As the result of a 2018 strategic planning process, ECOCH established three new subcommittees that will focus on the following priorities over the next three years.
Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
Goal: Massachusetts General Hospital will recognize and address social determinants that affect the health of patients and communities.
- Create and disseminate a SDOH Status Report
- Foster cross-disciplinary collaboration to prioritize research that focuses on SDOH
- Develop a proposal for a new hospital-wide SDOH Initiative
Access to Care
Goal: Mass General will provide care that is affordable, available and accessible for all patients.
- Ensure patients in ConnectorCare Plans are able to access Mass General services
- Ensure the development of an “Access to Care” dashboard with key indicators that reflect measures of affordability, availability and accessibility
- Improve experience of care for people of diverse backgrounds
Goal: To achieve race equity at Mass General by creating, embedding and sustaining a race equity framework.
- Promote ongoing commitment by the Mass General Board and senior leadership to establish and maintain race equity as an institutional priority
- Provide in-depth and continuous race-equity education and training for all hospital employees
- Develop/revise an anonymous reporting system that captures racism-related experiences and concerns leading to review and remedy
- Conduct a race equity impact assessment for all policies and decision making at Mass General
Additional Information: In 2020, the goals identified by the ECOCH Race Equity Subcommittee were incorporated into Mass General’s new 10-Point Structural Equity Plan and the Mass General Brigham United Against Racism plan and will be operationalized by the newly formed Executive Committee on Diversity and Equity (ECODE).