Joe Kvedar, MD
Joe Kvedar, MD
Professor of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Dermatology
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Technologies such as electronic follow up visits, home biometric monitoring, text messaging and social networks offer the opportunity to envision new care models that achieve improved efficiency and outcomes by allowing for more continuous care and improved self care. The Center for Connected Health (connectedhealth.partners.org) has a robust research program that includes efforts to understand the role of these technologies in care model innovation.
- Youn, SJ, Trinh N, Shyu I, Chang T, Fava M, Kvedar JC, Yeung A. Using online social media, Facebook, in screening for major depressive disorder among college students. International Journal of Clinical and Health Psychology. 2013;(1):74-80
- Shive M, Bhatt M, Cantino A, Kvedar JC, Jethwani K. Perspectives about Acne: What Twitter can teach health care providers. JAMA Dermatology. 2013;149(5), 621-22
- Jethwani K, Kvedar JG, Kvedar JC. Behavioral phenotyping: a tool for personalized medicine. Personalized Medicine 2010;7(6):689-693. *(paper involved collaboration with resident or fellow).
- Kvedar JC, Nesbitt T, Kvedar JK, Darkins A: E-patient connectivity and the near term future. J Gen Intern Med. 2011 Nov;26 Suppl 2:636-8. doi: 10.1007/s11606-011-1763-0