Departments, Centers, & Programs:
149 13th Street
Charlestown, MA 02129-2020
- MD, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Human Breast Cancer Anti-Hormonal Resistance: Dr. Sgroi has shown that gene expression alterations are powerful predictors of breast cancer outcome and therapeutic response. His laboratory has focused on determining the clinical utility of the HOXB13:IL17BR and MGI biomarkers in estrogen receptor-positive, lymph node negative breast cancer patients, and understanding the molecular functional role of HOXB13 and IL17BR as it relates to anti-hormonal therapeutic response. Dr. Sgroi is also affiliated with the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center’s Breast Cancer and Cancer Genetics programs. Find more information on the Sgroi Lab website, or read about Dr. Sgroi's research in the 2014 annual report of the Center for Cancer Research. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Sgroi's profile page at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
- Tumor antigens as proteogenomic biomarkers in invasive ductal carcinomas. Olsen L, Campos B, Winther O, Sgroi DC, Karger BL, Brusic V. BMC Med Genomics. 2014 Dec 8;7 Suppl 3:S2. doi: 10.1186/1755-8794-7-S3-S2. Epub 2014 Dec 8.
- Mutational analysis of the tyrosine kinome in serous and clear cell endometrial cancer uncovers rare somatic mutations in TNK2 and DDR1. Rudd ML, Mohamed H, Price JC, O'Hara AJ, Le Gallo M, Urick ME; NISC Comparative Sequencing Program, Cruz P, Zhang S, Hansen NF, Godwin AK, Sgroi DC, Wolfsberg TG, Mullikin JC, Merino MJ, Bell DW. BMC Cancer. 2014 Nov 26;14:884. doi: 10.1186/1471-2407-14-884.
- VAV3 mediates resistance to breast cancer endocrine therapy. Aguilar H, Urruticoechea A, Halonen P, Kiyotani K, Mushiroda T, Barril X, Serra-Musach J, Islam A, Caizzi L, Di Croce L, Nevedomskaya E, Zwart W, Bostner J, Karlsson E, P?rez Tenorio G, Fornander T, Sgroi DC, Garcia-Mata R, Jansen MP, Garc?a N, Bonifaci N, Climent F, Soler MT, Rodr?guez-Vida A, Gil M, Brunet J, Martrat G, G?mez-Bald? L, Extremera AI, Figueras A, et al.