Dennis Sgroi, MD
Dennis Sgroi, MD
Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Charlestown , MAPhone: 617-726-5340
About Dennis Sgroi, MD
Dr. Sgroi is the Executive Vice Chair of Pathology at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr Sgroi received his undergraduate degree from Bowdoin College and his medical degree from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. After completing a residency in anatomic pathology at Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. Sgroi completed a postdoctoral research fellowship in molecular pathology under the direction of Dr. Ivan Stamenkovic at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is a member and principal investigator in the Molecular Pathology Research Unit and Center for Cancer Research. The Sgroi Lab investigates the molecular genetic basis of human breast cancer and has utilized gene expression and proteomic technologies to better understand breast cancer progression.
- Breast pathology
Mass General Psychiatry: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Clinical Service
149 13th St.
Charlestown , MA 02129
- MD, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Human Breast Cancer Anti-Hormonal Resistance: Dr. Sgroi has shown that gene expression alterations are powerful predictors of breast cancer outcome and therapeutic response. His laboratory has focused on determining the clinical utility of the HOXB13:IL17BR and MGI biomarkers in estrogen receptor-positive, lymph node negative breast cancer patients, and understanding the molecular functional role of HOXB13 and IL17BR as it relates to anti-hormonal therapeutic response. Dr. Sgroi is also affiliated with the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center’s Breast Cancer and Cancer Genetics programs. Find more information on the Sgroi Lab website.
- Tumor antigens as proteogenomic biomarkers in invasive ductal carcinomas. Olsen L, Campos B, Winther O, Sgroi DC, Karger BL, Brusic V. BMC Med Genomics. 2014 Dec 8;7 Suppl 3:S2. doi: 10.1186/1755-8794-7-S3-S2. Epub 2014 Dec 8.
- Mutational analysis of the tyrosine kinome in serous and clear cell endometrial cancer uncovers rare somatic mutations in TNK2 and DDR1. Rudd ML, Mohamed H, Price JC, O'Hara AJ, Le Gallo M, Urick ME; NISC Comparative Sequencing Program, Cruz P, Zhang S, Hansen NF, Godwin AK, Sgroi DC, Wolfsberg TG, Mullikin JC, Merino MJ, Bell DW. BMC Cancer. 2014 Nov 26;14:884. doi: 10.1186/1471-2407-14-884.
- VAV3 mediates resistance to breast cancer endocrine therapy. Aguilar H, Urruticoechea A, Halonen P, Kiyotani K, Mushiroda T, Barril X, Serra-Musach J, Islam A, Caizzi L, Di Croce L, Nevedomskaya E, Zwart W, Bostner J, Karlsson E, P??rez Tenorio G, Fornander T, Sgroi DC, Garcia-Mata R, Jansen MP, Garc??a N, Bonifaci N, Climent F, Soler MT, Rodr??guez-Vida A, Gil M, Brunet J, Martrat G, G??mez-Bald?? L, Extremera AI, Figueras A, et al.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings