About Debra Gervais, MD
Dr. Gervais trained at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Diagnostic Radiology and Abdominal Imaging and Intervention. She has worked as an Interventional Radiologist at Children's Hospital Boston. Her clinical interests are percutaneous tumor ablation, adult and pediatric nonvascular Interventional Radiology, and Abdominal Imaging. Her research interests are in percutaneous tumor ablation and nonvascular Interventional Radiology. She is best known for her research in the field of renal tumor ablation and has published and lectured extensively on that topic.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Cross-sectional imaging
- GU interventions
- Pediatric Nonvascular Interventions
- Tumor ablation
- Adult & Pediatrics
- MD, Tufts Univ. School of Med.
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Partial List of Publications - Complete and up to date listing available in PubMed
Gervais DA, McGovern FJ, Wood BJ, Goldberg SN, McDougal WS, Mueller PR. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma: Early Clinical Experience. Radiology 2000; 217: 265-272.
Gervais DA, Francis J. McGovern, MD, Ronald S. Arellano, MD, W. Scott McDougal, MD, Peter R. Mueller, MD. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma: Clinical Experience and Technical Success in 42 Tumors. Radiology 2003; 26:417-424.
Gervais DA, McGovern FJ, Arellano RS, McDougal WS, Mueller PR. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma Part 1: Indications, Results, and Role in Patient Management over a Six-Year Period and Ablation of 100 Tumors. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2005; 185:64-71.
Gervais DA, Arellano RS, McGovern FJ, McDougal WS, Mueller PR. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma Part 2: Lessons Learned with Ablation of 100 Tumors. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2005; 185:72-80.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings