Matthew Frosch, MD, PhD
Matthew Frosch, MD, PhD
Subspecialty Head, Neuropathology
Lawrence J. Henderson Associate Professor of Pathology and Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Pathology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Neuropathology, American Board of Pathology
- Pathology Recertification, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My laboratory is interested in the development and characterization of animal models of human neurodegenerative diseases, particularly Cerebral amyloid angiopathy (CAA), Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases.
In addition to the activities of my laboratory, I am the faculty coordinator for the tissue-based activities of the Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center (HNDC). We design the implementation of programs that can support tissue-based research into a wide range of neurodegenerative disorders, as pursued across the Harvard neuroscience community (including basic and clinical investigations). Among the resources we have developed is the Advanced Tissue Resource Center, based in Building 114, which includes a staffed Laser Capture Microdissection facility that is available to users.
I direct the Neuropathology Core of the NIA-supported MA Alzheimer Disease Research Center (MADRC). The Core provides diagnostic and research-oriented neuropathology autopsy services in support of the Clinical Core of the MADRC. It also provides tissue to a wide range of researchers within the institution, across the country and internationally.
For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Frosch’s profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center. Learn more about research projects on the Frosch Lab site.
- The INTERnational Study on Primary Angiitis of the Central nervous system - a call to the world. Lanthier S, Calabrese LH, Ferro JM, Putaala J, Strbian D, Chagnon M, Frosch MP, Singhal AB, Salvarani C, Létourneau-Guillon L, Poppe AY, Guilbert F, Raymond J, Muccilli A. Int J Stroke. 2014 Jul; 9(5):E23.
- A Novel GRN Mutation (GRN c.708+6_+9delTGAG) in Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration With TDP-43-Positive Inclusions: Clinicopathologic Report of 6 Cases. Bit-Ivan EN, Suh E, Shim HS, Weintraub S, Hyman BT, Arnold SE, McCarty-Wood E, Van Deerlin VM, Schneider JA, Trojanowski JQ, Frosch MP, Baker MC, Rademakers R, Mesulam M, Bigio EH.
- Tracking the earliest pathologic changes in Alzheimer disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2014 May; 73(5):467-73 Landau SM, Frosch MP. Neurology. 2014 May 6; 82(18):1576-7.