Janet Ma, MD, is a first-year fellow in the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Ma explains what inspired her to come to Mass General, to pursue a career in medicine and her work to improve equity in health care.
Danita Sanborn, MD, MMSC
Danita Sanborn, MD, MMSC
Physician Director of Clinical Operations
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School Physician, MGH
Associate Cardiovascular Fellowship Program Director
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Sanborn's research interests include defining and refining the role of echocardiography as a tool to better understand uncommon cardiomyopathies including Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy (ARVC) and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. She managed the Echo Core Lab for the North American Multidisciplinary Study of ARVC and participated with a group of experts who proposed Modifications of the original Task Force Criteria for the diagnosis of ARVC, published in 2010. She has also used her expertise in echocardiography to collaborate with colleagues at MGH to study echocardiographic predictors of atrial fibrillation in cryptogenic stroke and the genetic basis of cardiovascular diseases including atrial fibrillation and cardiomyopathy.
- Neilan TG, et al. Engl J Med. 2018 Oct 25;379(17):1658-1669.
- Te Riele ASJM, et al .JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015 May;8(5):597-611
- Rothman RD,et al. .Am J Cardiol. 2012 Oct 15;110(8):1169-74.
Yoerger, DM, Marcus, F, et al, Echocardiographic Findings in Patients Meeting Task Force Criteria for ARVD; JACC, 2005; 45: 860-65.
- Yoerger DM, et al. Time Course of Pressure Gradient Response After First Alcohol Septal Ablation for HOCM. Am J Cardiol, 2006; 97:1511-14
- Marcus FI, McKenna WJ, et al. Diagnosis of ARVC/D; Proposed modification of the Task Force Criteria. Circulation 2010
- Chen AA et al. Acute predictors of subacute complete heart block after alcohol septal ablation for HOCM. Am J Cardiol. 2006 Jan 15;97(2):264-9
- Jassal DS, Neilan TG et al. Sustained Improvement in LV Diastolic Function after Alcohol Septal Ablation for HOCM. Eur Heart J. 2006 Aug;27(15):1805-10.