Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Norman Bethune University of Medical Science
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency, Peking Union Medical College Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- DNA content and the prognosis of thymoma.
- Insulike growth factor and metabolism
- Tumor necrosis factor and malnutrition
- Insulin resistance and regulation of insulin growth factor
- Chow JC, Ling PR, Qu Z, Leviola L, Ciccarones A, Bistrian BR, Smith RJ. Growth hormone stimulates tyrosine phosphorylation of JAK2 and STA5, but not insulin receptor substrate-1 or SHC proteins in liver and skeletal muscle of normal rats in vivo. Endocrinology 1996; 137:2880-2886.
- Qu Z, Ling PR, Chow JC, Burke P, Smith RJ, Bistrian BR. Determinants of plasma concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-1 and albumin and their hepatic mRNAs: The role of dietary protein content and tumor necrosis factor in malnourished rats. Metabolism 1996; 45(9): 1-7.
- Qu Z, Chow JC, Ling PR, Ziegler TR, Bistrian BR, Smith RJ. Tissue-specific effects of chronic dietary protein restriction and gastrostomy on the insulin-like growth factor-I pathway in the liver and colon of adult rats. Metabolism 1997, 46(6): 691-697.
- Ling PR, Sierra P, Qu Z, Bistrian BR. IGF-I improves glucose utilization in TNF-treated rats under hyperinsulinemic, euglycemic conditions. Metabolism 1997; 46(9): 1052-1058.
- Kwoun M, Ling PR, Lydon E, Imrich A, Qu Z, Palombo J, Bistrian BR. Immunologic effects of acute hyperglycemia in nondiabetic rats. Journal of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition. 1997; 21(2): 91-95.
- Qu Z, Ling PR, Chow JC, Smith RJ and Bistrian BR. Effects of dietary protein and tumor necrosis factor components of the insulin-like growth factor-I pathway in the colon and small intestine in protein-depleted rats. Metabolism 1998; 47(3): 345-350.
- You YQ, Ling PR, Qu Z and Bistrian BR. Effects of continuous enteral medium-chain fatty acid infusion on lipid metabolism in rats. Lipids 1998; 33(3)261-266.