In this video, Paul Biddinger, MD, director of the Center for Disaster Medicine, and Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, chief of Infectious Diseases, answer questions about COVID-19.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Infectious Disease Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Infectious Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, is the Chief of Infectious Diseases at MGH and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Walensky’s research interests have focused on HIV/AIDS policy and cost-effective strategies of HIV care in the US and in resource-limited settings; she is internationally recognized for motivating US and global policy toward routine HIV screening. She is a member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the American Association of Physicians, and the DHHS Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents, and she is past Chair of the NIH Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council. She has also been an advisor to the WHO and UNAIDS. Dr. Walensky received her M.D. from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and her M.P.H. from the Harvard School of Public Health. She trained in Internal Medicine at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and in Infectious Diseases at the MGH/BWH combined fellowship program.
- Walensky RP, Sax PE, Nakamura YM, Weinstein MC, Pei PP, Freedberg KA, Paltiel AD, Schackman BR. Economic savings versus health losses: the cost-effectiveness of generic antiretroviral therapy in the United States. Ann Intern Med. 2013 Jan 15; 158(2):84-92.
- Walensky RP, Ross EL, Kumarasamy N, Wood R, Noubary F, Nakamura YM, Godbole SV, Panchia R, Sanne I, Weinstein MC, Losina E, Mayer KH, Chen YQ, Want L, McCauley M, Gamble T, Seage GR, Cohen MS, Freedberg KA. The cost-effectiveness of HIV treatment as prevention: analysis of HPTN 052. N Eng J Med. 2013; 369(18):1715?1725.
- Mar | 23 | 2020
En este video, Paul Biddinger, MD, y Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, responden a las preguntas más frecuentes sobre el COVID-19 para aclarar un poco la naturaleza del virus y cómo puede protegerse a sí mismo y a sus seres queridos.
- Mar | 23 | 2020
在此视频中，美国麻省总医院医学中心主任Paul Biddinger医师和传染病科主任医师Rochelle Walensky医师回答了有关COVID-19的常见问题，以进一步阐明病毒的性质以及如何保护自己和亲人。
- Aug | 18 | 2017
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, co-director of the MGH Medical Practice Evaluation Center, has been named chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases, effective Sept. 5. She will succeed Stephen Calderwood, MD, who has guided the division for 27 years.
- Jan | 23 | 2019
In this episode of the Charged podcast, Dr. Walensky discusses how she has worked to help expand access to care for HIV patients, through her research and her willingness to understand patients’ struggles.