In a special video, Mass General's Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, addresses common questions about navigating COVID-19 during the winter months.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Infectious Disease Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Infectious Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, is the Chief of Infectious Diseases at MGH and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Walensky’s research interests have focused on HIV/AIDS policy and cost-effective strategies of HIV care in the US and in resource-limited settings; she is internationally recognized for motivating US and global policy toward routine HIV screening. She is a member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the American Association of Physicians, and the DHHS Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents, and she is past Chair of the NIH Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council. She has also been an advisor to the WHO and UNAIDS. Dr. Walensky received her M.D. from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and her M.P.H. from the Harvard School of Public Health. She trained in Internal Medicine at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and in Infectious Diseases at the MGH/BWH combined fellowship program.
- Walensky RP, Sax PE, Nakamura YM, Weinstein MC, Pei PP, Freedberg KA, Paltiel AD, Schackman BR. Economic savings versus health losses: the cost-effectiveness of generic antiretroviral therapy in the United States. Ann Intern Med. 2013 Jan 15; 158(2):84-92.
- Walensky RP, Ross EL, Kumarasamy N, Wood R, Noubary F, Nakamura YM, Godbole SV, Panchia R, Sanne I, Weinstein MC, Losina E, Mayer KH, Chen YQ, Want L, McCauley M, Gamble T, Seage GR, Cohen MS, Freedberg KA. The cost-effectiveness of HIV treatment as prevention: analysis of HPTN 052. N Eng J Med. 2013; 369(18):1715–1725.
- Staff Story
- Dec | 10 | 2020
Rochelle Walensky, MD, Chief of Infectious Diseases, Appointed by President-elect as Next Director for CDC
Dr. Walensky has been nominated to serve as director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention by President-elect Joseph Biden.
- Press Release
- Nov | 20 | 2020
Effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines will be heavily influenced by infrastructure, as well as public attitudes and behaviors
The success of a COVID-19 vaccine will depend not only on its efficacy, but will hinge at least as much on how fast and widely it can be delivered, the severity of the pandemic, and the public’s willingness to be immunized, according to a study published in Health Affairs.
- Jan | 23 | 2019
In this episode of the Charged podcast, Dr. Walensky discusses how she has worked to help expand access to care for HIV patients, through her research and her willingness to understand patients’ struggles.
- Mar | 23 | 2020
在此视频中，美国麻省总医院医学中心主任Paul Biddinger医师和传染病科主任医师Rochelle Walensky医师回答了有关新型冠状病毒的常见问题，以进一步阐明病毒的性质以及如何保护自己和亲人。
- May | 22 | 2020