Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency, Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Balgrist Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Holovacs' clinical interests are in shoulder injuries and sports medicine/shoulder.
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Bankart Repair
- Shoulder Instability/Dislocation and Subluxation
- Shoulder Separation
- SLAP repair
- Labrum Repair
- Frozen Shoulder/Adhesive Capsulitis and Shoulder Stiffness
- Suprascapular Nerve Compression
- Biceps Tendon
- Failed and Revision Surgery (open and arthroscopic)
- Complicated/Complex Reconstruction
- Shoulder Replacement - Arthritis
- Shoulder Replacement - Fracture
- Shoulder Replacement - Reverse Prosthesis
- Glenoid (Socket) Reconstruction - Latarjet Procedure
- Fracture Repair - humerus, scapula, clavicle
- Scapular Winging
- Shoulder Separation
- Rotator Cuff Reconstruction - Tendon Transfers
- clavicle (collarbone), scapula (shoulder blade), humerus
- Motley GS, Osbahr DC, Holovacs TF, Speer KP. An arthroscopic technique for confirming intra-articular subluxation of the long head of the biceps tendon: the ramp test. Arthroscopy. 2002 Nov-Dec;18(9):E46.
- Singh H, Osbahr DC, Holovacs TF, Cawley PW, Speer KP. The efficacy of continuous cryotherapy on the postoperative shoulder: a prospective, randomized investigation. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2001 Nov-Dec;10(6):522-5.
- Pearsall AW 4th, Holovacs TF, Speer KP. The intra-articular component of the subscapularis tendon: anatomic and histological correlation in reference to surgical release in patients with frozen-shoulder syndrome. Arthroscopy. 2000 Apr;16(3):236-42.
- Pearsall AW 4th, Holovacs TF, Speer KP. The low anterior five-o'clock portal during arthroscopic shoulder surgery performed in the beach-chair position. Am J Sports Med.1999 Sep-Oct;27(5):571-4.
- Pearsall AW 4th, Holovacs TF, Speer KP. Efficacy of a Low Anterior Portal Established with Outside-In Technique for Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery. Arthroscopy.1998;25.