Subba Digumarthy, MD
Subba Digumarthy, MD
Staff Radiologist, Martha's Vineyard Hospital
Staff Radiologist, Spaulding Radiology
About Subba Digumarthy, MD
Dr. Subba Digumarthy interprets all the imaging modalities and specialized studies done for lung transplantation, diffuse lung diseases and lung cancers at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Digumarthy also routinely performs percutaneous biopsy of the lung and chest wall.
Considered an excellent teacher by peers, residents and fellows, Dr. Digumarthy is regularly invited to radio-pathological and case conferences, mentored both residents and fellows and published case reports, review and investigative articles.
In addition, Dr. Digumarthy has prepared numerous educational exhibits winning coveted prizes at both national and international conferences. He has also contributed several review articles and chapters in various text books. Most recently he contributed several chapters in Thoracic Radiology: Requisite Series, the most popular text book of radiology among residents and fellows.
He has collaborated in various research projects, with medical oncologists and thoracic surgeons, that were published in peer reviewed journals. Most recently Dr. Digumarthy collaborated on Genotypic and Histological Evolution of Lung Cancers Acquiring Resistance to EGFR Inhibitors which was published Science Translational Medicine, the academic journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and one of the world's most cited scientific journals.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Computed tomography
- CT guided interventions of the thorax
- Imaging of lung cancer
- MBBS, Osmania Medical Center
- Residency, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Digumarthy's two principal areas of research are lung cancer and evaluation of new imaging techniques and modalities such as Dual Energy CT and reconstruction algorithms.
Thoracic Radiology: The Requisites. 2010. Chapters on Interstitial Lung Diseases, Pneumoconiosis, Pulmonary Neoplasms. The Trachea. The Bronchi. and Interventional Techniques.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings