Dr. Mark Price, Dr. Peter Asnis and Dr. Scott Martin of the Sports Medicine Center on the field after the New England Patriots defeated the Los Angeles Rams on February 3.
Peter Asnis, MD
Peter Asnis, MD
Mass General Brigham Director of Professional Sports
Head Team Physician: Boston Bruins; Head Team Orthopaedic Surgeon: Boston Red Sox; Team Physician: New England Patriots
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Sports Medicine Center at Charles River Plaza
175 Cambridge St.
Charles River Plaza
Boston, MA 02114
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Cornell University
- MD, Cornell University Medical College
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency, Hospital for Special Surg- Cornell Univ.
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Asnis' research interests are focused on the knee and shoulder, particularly on how to optimize treatment for active patients who have suffered sports-related injuries.
Dr. Asnis collaborates with the Orthopaedic Bioengineering Lab at MGH in many of his research projects. Some of his most recent publications have focused on anatomic and radiographic studies of pathologies of the hip and knee.
- Vopat B, Wong J, Hazzard S, Golijanin P, Palmer W, Asnis P. Encapsulated fat necrosis lesion caused by a morel-lavallee in a professional hockey player. Am J Orthop. 2017; 46(3): E144-E147.
- Kernkamp W, Van de Velde S, Tsai T, van Arkel E, Asnis P, Nelissen R, LaPrade R, Zarins B, Li G. An in-vivo simulation on isometry of the anterolateral aspect of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017; 99(13): 1111-1118.
- Logan CA, Asnis PD, Provencher MT. The role of therapeutic modalities in surgical and nonsurgical management of orthopaedic injuries. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2017; 25(8): 556-568.
- Asnis S, Mullen J, Asnis PD, Sgaglione N, LaPorta T, Grande DA, Chahine NO. Biomechanical analysis of an interference screw and a novel twist lock screw design for bone graft fixation. Clin Biomech. 2017; 50: 99-104.
- Varady N, Kernkamp W, Li J, Wang L, Koga H, Asnis P, Li G. The Biomechanical effect of tunnel placement on ACL graft forces in double-bundle ACL reconstruction – A 3D computational simulation. Int J Med Robot. 2017; 13(4).
- Kernkamp W, Varady N, Li J, Tsai T, Asnis P, van Arkel E, Nelissen R, Gill T, Van de Velde S, Li G. An In Vivo Prediction of Anisometry and Strain in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction – A Combined Magnetic Resonance and Dual Fluoroscopic Imaging Analysis. Arthroscopy. 2018; 34(4): 1094-1103.
- Kernkamp W, Varady N, Li J, Asnis P, van Arkel E, Nelissen R, Li G. The Effect of ACL Deficiency on the End-To-End Distances of the Tibiofemoral ACL Attachment During In Vivo Dynamic Activity. Knee. 2018.