Raj Gupta, MD, PhD
Raj Gupta, MD, PhD
Director, Ultra-high Resolution Volume CT Lab
Director, Advanced X-ray Imaging Sciences (AXIS) Center
Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8628
About Raj Gupta, MD, PhD
Dr. Raj Gupta is an associate radiologist in the Divisions of Neuroradiology and Cardiovascular Imaging and director of the Advanced X-ray Imaging Sciences (AXIS) Center. His research interests include phase-contrast x-ray imaging computed tomography hardware, and traumatic brain injuries.
Dr. Gupta is a staff neuroradiologist and ER radiologist in the Department of Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital, an Associate Professor of radiology at the Harvard Medical School, and a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at MIT. He is interested in both research and clinical practice of radiology, currently devoting approximately 50% of his time to each of these activities. He also directs the Advanced X-ray Imaging Sciences (AXIS) Center at Mass General. His research is currently focused on three main topics: 1) development and clinical applications of novel X-ray imaging modalities including phase contrast imaging, ultra-high resolution computed tomography (CT), and dual-energy CT; 2) development of low-cost devices for imaging and image-guided interventions; and 3) study of traumatic brain injury (TBI) using advanced, quantitative MRI techniques.
- Advanced CT applications
- Cardiac computed tomography (Cardiac CT)
- Dual energy CT
- Flat-panel CT
- High-resolution bone imaging
- Image-guided interventions using robotic assistance
- Neuro trauma
- Oncologic imaging
- Stroke Imaging
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
Mass General Imaging: Neuroradiology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Zucker EJ, Ganguli S, Ghoshhajra BB, Gupta R, Prabhakar A. Imaging of venous compression syndromes. Cardiovascular Diagnosis and Therapy, 2016;6:519-32, doi: 10.21037/cdt.2016.11.19, 2016
Ando M, Sunaguchi N, Shimao D, Pan A, Yuasa T, Mori K, Suzuki Y, Jin G, Kim J-K, Lim J-H, Seo S-J, Ichihara S, Ohura N, Gupta R. Dark-Field Imaging: Recent Developments and Potential Clinical Applications. Physica Medica, Volume 32, Issue 12, December 2016, Pages 1801-1812, ISSN 1120-1797, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2016.11.103
Morotti A, Romero JM, Gupta R, Goldstein JN. Reply. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016 Jul 21. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27444941.
Morotti A, Romero JM, Jessel MJ, Brouwers HB, Gupta R, Schwab K, Vashkevich A, Ayres A, Anderson CD, Gurol ME, Viswanathan A, Greenberg SM, Rosand J, Goldstein JN. Effect of CTA Tube Current on Spot Sign Detection and Accuracy for Prediction of Intracerebral Hemorrhage Expansion. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016 May 19. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27197985.
Hu R, Daftari Besheli L, Young J, Wu M, Pomerantz S, Lev MH, Gupta R. Dual-Energy Head CT Enables Accurate Distinction of Intraparenchymal Hemorrhage from Calcification in Emergency Department Patients. Radiology. 2016 Jul;280(1):177-83. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2015150877. Epub 2016 Jan 25. PubMed PMID: 27322974.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings