Dr. Reisa Sperling, has been elected to the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) for her pioneering clinical research that revolutionized the concept of preclinical Alzheimer’s disease.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Sperling RA, LaViolette PS, O'Keefe K, et al. Amyloid Deposition is Associated with Impaired Default Network Function in Older Persons without Dementia. Neuron 2009; 63: 178-188. PMC2738994
- O'Brien JL, O'Keefe KM, LaViolette PS, DeLuca AN, Blacker D, Dickerson BC, Sperling RA. Longitudinal fMRI in elderly reveals loss of hippocampal activation with clinical decline. Neurology 2010;74(24):1969-76.
- Becker JA, Hedden T, Carmasin J, Maye J, Rentz D, Putcha D, Fischl B, Greve D, Marshall GA, Salloway S, Marks D, Buckner RL, Sperling RA, Johnson KA. Amyloid-beta Associated Cortical Thinning in Clinically Normal Elderly. Annals of Neurology, in press (available on line).