Sports medicine physiatrist and Harvard Athletics team physician, Dr. Kelly McInnis, works with the local collegiate crew athletes competing in the Head of the Charles Regatta.
Kelly McInnis, DO
Kelly McInnis, DO
Sports Medicine Physiatrist
Team Physician: Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots; Consultant: Boston Ballet, Boston Bruins, New England Revolution
Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Sports Medicine Center at Charles River Plaza
175 Cambridge St.
Charles River Plaza
Boston, MA 02114
Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough
20 & 22 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Fellowship, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. McInnis focuses her clinical research on musculoskeletal overuse injuries including tendinopathy and bone stress injury; with a special interest in understanding the differences in the biomechanics of the female athlete.
- Borg-Stein J, McInnis KC, Dugan S, Mottola M, Gruber J. Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal and pelvic disorders of pregnancy. Crit Rev Phys Rehabil Med 2006;18:187-204.
- Nguyen R, Borg-Stein J, McInnis K. Applications of platelet-rich plasma in musculoskeletal and sports medicine: an evidence-based approach. PM&R 2011;3: 226-50.
- Curry EJ, Logan C, Ackerman K, McInnis KC, Matzkin EG. Female athlete triad awareness among multispecialty physicians. Sports Med Open. 2015;38:1-7.
- Ramey L, Palmer WE, McInnis KC. Femoral neck stress fracture: can MRI grade help predict return-to-running time? Am J Sports Med. 2016 Aug;44(8):2122-9.
- McInnis KC, Ramey L. High risk stress fractures: evaluation and management. PM&R supplement: Advanced Concepts and Controversies in Sports Medicine 2016; 8: S113-S12.
- Chen E, Borg-Stein J, McInnis KC. Ankle sprains: evaluation, rehabilitation and prevention. Curr Sports Med Rep 2019;18(6):217-223.
- Patient Story
- Oct | 5 | 2020
For 25-year-old Emily Mellen, running is everything. So when hip and knee pain started flaring up during her runs, she knew one thing for certain: She wasn't giving up her sport without a fight.
- May | 29 | 2019
Episode #27 of the Charged podcast