For 25-year-old Emily Mellen, running is everything. So when hip and knee pain started flaring up during her runs, she knew one thing for certain: She wasn't giving up her sport without a fight.
Kelly McInnis, DO
Kelly McInnis, DO
Team Physician: Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots; Consultant: Boston Ballet, Boston Bruins, New England Revolution
Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Sports Medicine Center
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114-2723
Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough
20 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Fellowship, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Sports Medinice, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. McInnis focuses her clinical research on musculoskeletal overuse injuries including tendinopathy and bone stress injury; with a special interest in understanding the differences in the biomechanics of the female athlete.
- Borg-Stein J, McInnis KC, Dugan S, Mottola M, Gruber J. Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal and pelvic disorders of pregnancy. Crit Rev Phys Rehabil Med 2006;18:187-204.
- Nguyen R, Borg-Stein J, McInnis K. Applications of platelet-rich plasma in musculoskeletal and sports medicine: an evidence-based approach. PM&R 2011;3: 226-50.
- Curry EJ, Logan C, Ackerman K, McInnis KC, Matzkin EG. Female athlete triad awareness among multispecialty physicians. Sports Med Open. 2015;38:1-7.
- Ramey L, Palmer WE, McInnis KC. Femoral neck stress fracture: can MRI grade help predict return-to-running time? Am J Sports Med. 2016 Aug;44(8):2122-9.
- McInnis KC, Ramey L. High risk stress fractures: evaluation and management. PM&R supplement: Advanced Concepts and Controversies in Sports Medicine 2016; 8: S113-S12.
- Chen E, Borg-Stein J, McInnis KC. Ankle sprains: evaluation, rehabilitation and prevention. Curr Sports Med Rep 2019;18(6):217-223.