Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- PhD, Yale University
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lee area of clinical expertise is in cancer imaging of the body using all radiologic modalities, i.e. fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, MRI and PET. Her research contributions include original research on use of novel functional imaging modalities such as PET-CT, perfusion CT and diffusion MRI for gynecologic cancer care. She has also reported investigations on safe procedures for diagnostic imaging and image-guided interventions in pregnant women and in young adults. She is the author of the textbook titled Choosing the Correct Radiologic Test, a comprehensive case-based textbook that guides phyisicans on the apporopriate use of imaging exams in patient care. Her academic roles include primary investigator roles in NCI-funded multicenter clinical trials within ECOG-ACRIN and as Associate Editor of the journal Radiology. She was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Radiology in 2013 and has been named among the Boston's Top 100 Doctors every year since 2011.
- Lee SI, Saokar A, Dreyer KJ, Weilburg JB, Thrall JH, Hahn PF. Does radiologist recommendation for follow-up with the same modality contribute significantly to high cost imaging volume? Radiology 2007;242:857-864.
- Sebastian S, Lee SI, Horowitz NS, Scott JA, Simeone JF, Fischman AJ, Fuller AF, Hahn PF. Comparison of hybrid PET-CT and sixteen-slice multidetector CT in detecting ovarian cancer recurrence. Abdom Imaging 2008; 33:112-118.
- Pandharipande PV, Choy G, Del Carmen M, Gazelle GS, Russell AH, Lee SI. MRI and PET/CT for triaging stage IB, clinically operable cervical cancer to appropriate therapy: a decision analysis to assess patient outcomes. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2009; 192:802-814.
- Goldberg-Stein S, Liu B, Hahn PF, Lee SI.Body CT in pregnancy: utilization trends, exam indications and fetal radiation doses. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2011; 196-146-151.
- Lee SI, Thrall JH. Choosing the correct radiologic test. Springer, Heidelberg; 2012.
- Zondervan RL, Hahn PF, Sadow CA, Liu B, Lee SI. Body CT scanning in young adults: exam indications, patient outcomes and risk of radiation-induced cancer. Radiology. 2013:267:460-469.
- Lee SI, Catalano OA, Dehdashti F. Gynecologic cancer imaging with MRI, FDG PET-CT and PET-MR. J Nucl Med. 2015;56:436-443.
- Atri M, Zhang Z, Dehdashti F, Lee SI, Ali S, Koh WJ, Moore KN, Landrum LM, Kim JW, DiSilvestro PA, Eisenhauer EL, Schnell FM, Gold MA. Utility of PET-CT to evaluate retroperitoneal lymph node metastasis in advanced cervical cancer: results of ACRIN6671/GOG0233 trial. Gynecol Oncol. In press