About Susanna Lee, MD, PhD
Place of Birth: Seoul, Korea
BA Harvard University
MD Yale School of Medicine
PhD Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University
Resident in Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Fellow in Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Abdominal and Pelvic Imaging
- Abdominal and Pelvic MRI
- Advanced CT applications
- Advanced MR techniques
- Genitourinary cancer imaging
- Gynecologic cancers
- Gynecologic imaging
- Molecular imaging
- Oncologic imaging
- Percutaneous Abdominal Interventions
- PET / CT
- Radiation safety
- Women's imaging
- PhD, Yale University
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lee area of clinical expertise is in cancer imaging of the body using all radiologic modalities, i.e. fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, MRI and PET. Her research contributions include original research on use of novel functional imaging modalities such as PET-CT, perfusion CT and diffusion MRI for gynecologic cancer care. She has also reported investigations on safe procedures for diagnostic imaging and image-guided interventions in pregnant women and in young adults. She is the author of the textbook titled Choosing the Correct Radiologic Test, a comprehensive case-based textbook that guides physicians on the appropriate use of imaging exams in patient care. Her academic roles include primary investigator roles in NCI-funded multicenter clinical trials within ECOG-ACRIN and as Associate Editor of the journal Radiology. She was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Radiology in 2013 and has been named among the Boston's Top 100 Doctors every year since 2011.
- Lee SI, Saokar A, Dreyer KJ, Weilburg JB, Thrall JH, Hahn PF. Does radiologist recommendation for follow-up with the same modality contribute significantly to high cost imaging volume? Radiology 2007;242:857-864.
- Sebastian S, Lee SI, Horowitz NS, Scott JA, Simeone JF, Fischman AJ, Fuller AF, Hahn PF. Comparison of hybrid PET-CT and sixteen-slice multidetector CT in detecting ovarian cancer recurrence. Abdom Imaging 2008; 33:112-118.
- Pandharipande PV, Choy G, Del Carmen M, Gazelle GS, Russell AH, Lee SI. MRI and PET/CT for triaging stage IB, clinically operable cervical cancer to appropriate therapy: a decision analysis to assess patient outcomes. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2009; 192:802-814.
- Goldberg-Stein S, Liu B, Hahn PF, Lee SI. Body CT in pregnancy: utilization trends, exam indications and fetal radiation doses. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2011; 196-146-151.
- Lee SI, Thrall JH. Choosing the correct radiologic test. Springer, Heidelberg; 2012.
- Zondervan RL, Hahn PF, Sadow CA, Liu B, Lee SI. Body CT scanning in young adults: exam indications, patient outcomes and risk of radiation-induced cancer. Radiology. 2013:267:460-469.
- Lee SI, Catalano OA, Dehdashti F. Gynecologic cancer imaging with MRI, FDG PET-CT and PET-MR. J Nucl Med. 2015;56:436-443.
- Atri M, Zhang Z, Dehdashti F, Lee SI, Ali S, Koh WJ, Moore KN, Landrum LM, Kim JW, DiSilvestro PA, Eisenhauer EL, Schnell FM, Gold MA. Utility of PET-CT to evaluate retroperitoneal lymph node metastasis in advanced cervical cancer: results of ACRIN6671/GOG0233 trial. Gynecol Oncol. In press
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings