Margaret Pulsifer, PhD
Margaret Pulsifer, PhD
Director, Pediatric Neuropsychology Services at MGH Psychology Assessment Center (PAC)
Director, Pediatric Neuropsychology Post-Doctoral Fellowship Training Program at MGH PAC
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Psychology Assessment Center
One Bowdoin Square
Boston, MA 02114
- Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute
American Board Certifications
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Pulsifer is actively involved in a number of funded research projects at MGH. Her research interests include: 1) examining the long-term neurocognitive and behavioral effects of proton radiation therapy with children and young adults diagnosed with brain tumors, 2) investigating biomarkers and early onset cognitive/behavioral decline in adults with Down syndrome, 3) investigating the natural history of cognitive, adaptive and behavioral functioning in individuals with Down syndrome, and 4) examining the impact of hypoglossal nerve stimulator on cognitive, language and behavioral functioning in individuals, aged 10 to 21 years, with Down syndrome and severe obstructive sleep apnea.
- Numis AL, Major P, Montenegro MA, Muzykewicz DA, Pulsifer MB & Thiele EA. Identification of Risk Factors for Autism Spectrum Disorders in Tuberous Sclerosis, Neurology 2011.
- Walder D, Sherman J. & Pulsifer M.B. Neurodev Assessment in Early Childhood. In Evidence-Based Prac in Infant & Early Child. Psych. Rubinson F, Mowder B. & Yasik A. Eds. Wiley Sons 2009.
- Kopp CM, Muzykewicz DA, Staley BA, & Thiele EA. Behavior prob in children with Tuberous Sclerosis and parental stress, Epil & Beh 2008.
- Pulsifer MB, Butz A, Foran M & Belcher H. Prenatal Drug Expos: Effects on Cog Funct at Age 5. Clinical Peds 2008.
- Lyczkowski DA, Pulsifer MB, Conant KD, Jarrett DY, Grant E, Kwiatkowski DJ & Thiele EA.Intrafamilial Phenotypic Variability in Tuberous Sclerosis. Jour Child Neur 2007.
- Winterkorn EB, Pulsifer MB & Thiele EA. Cognitive Prognosis of Patients with Tuberous Sclerosis. Neurology 2007.
- Pulsifer MB, Winterkorn EB, & Thiele EA. Psychological Profile of Adults with Tuberous Sclerosis. Epil & Beh 2007.
- Pulsifer MB, Brandt J, Salorio C, Vining E, Carson B & Freeman J. Cog outcome of hemispherectomy in 71 children. Epilepsia 2004.
- Pulsifer MB, Radonovich K, Belcher H & Butz A. Intelligence & school readiness in preschool children with prenatal drug expos. Child Neuropsych 2004.
- Pulsifer MB, Salorio C & Niparko J. Devel, audio & speech percep in children after cochlear implant surgery. Arch Ped & Adol Med 2003.