Sherry Scovell, MD, vascular surgeon at Mass General explains why it is important to start wearing compression socks when you are young.
Sherry Scovell, MD
Sherry Scovell, MD
Surgeon, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Part-time, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623
- MD, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Residency, Graduate Hospital
- Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
American Board Certifications
- Vascular Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Scovell has always had an strong interest in aneurysmal disease and is an active member of the Data Safety and Monitoring Committee for several novel endovascular devices to treat aortic aneurysmal disease. Additionally, she is well published in the literature on lower extremity vascular and endovascular surgery. She authors numerous chapters on venous disease and endovascular therapies. Currently, she is also working on a meta-analysis to determine the most effective treatment for superficial thrombophlebitis. Through her research, she strives to offer the most current, safest, and most effective treatments to her patients.
- Scovell SD, Ergul E, Conrad M. Medical Management of Acute Superficial Vein Thrombosis of the Saphenous Vein. J Vasc Surg VLD. 2018;6(1):109-117.
- Gallagher KA, Clarke Tracci M, Scovell SD. Vascular Arteritides in Women. J Vasc Surg. 2013;57(4):27S-36S.
- Scovell S, Greenberg D. Laser and Light Therapy of Lower Extremity Telangiectasias, Reticular Veins, and Small Varicose Veins. In: UpToDate, Basow, DS (ed), Waltham, MA 2009. (Updated quarterly)
- Scovell S, Alguire. Overview and Management of Lower Extremity Chronic Venous Disease. In: UpToDate, Basow, DS (Ed), Waltham, MA 2009. (Updated quarterly)
- Scovell S, Fernandez L. Superficial Thrombophlebitis of the Lower Extremity. In: UpToDate, Basow, DS (Ed), Waltham, MA 2009. (Updated quarterly)
- Scovell S. Radiofrequency Ablation for the Treatment of Lower Extremity Chronic Venous Disease. In: UpToDate, Basow, DS (Ed), Waltham, MA 2009. (Updated quarterly)
- Scovell S, Greenberg D. Liquid and Foam Sclerotherapy Techniques for the Treatment of Lower Extremity Veins. In: UpToDate, Basow, DS (Ed), Waltham, MA 2009. (Updated quarterly)
- Stoughton J, Cantelmo NC, Scovell S. Simultaneous Endochemical and Endovenous Thermal Ablation. Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, 2008.
- Hughes K, Hamdan A, Schermerhorn M, Giordano A, Scovell S, Pomposelli F. Bypass for chronic ischemia of the upper extremity: results in 20 patients. J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46(2):303-7.