Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency, Boston Children's Hospital
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, Mount Auburn Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Macias serves as PI on a study on sex trafficking of women and girls in the Boston area, and as site PI on a federally-funded study on ED-based interventions for drug abuse.
- Wexler D, Macias Konstantopoulos W, Forcione D, Xiong L, Cauley C, Pierce K. A 36-Year-Old Man with Episodes of Confusion and Hypoglycemia. N Engl J Med. 2018; 379(4):376-85.
- Duber HC, Barata IA, Cioè-Peña E, Liang SY, Ketcham E, Macias-Konstantopoulos W, Ryan SA, Stavros M, Whiteside LK. Identification, Management, and Transition of Care for Patients with Opioid Use Disorder in the Emergency Department. Ann Emerg Med. 2018; 72(4):420-31.
- Judge AM, Murphy JA, Hidalgo J, Macias-Konstantopoulos W. Engaging Survivors of Human Trafficking: Complex Health Care Needs and Scarce Resources. Ann Intern Med. 2018; 168(9):658-63.
- Barata IA, Shandro J, Polansky R, Sachs C, Duber HC, Weaver L, Heins A, Owen HS, Josephson EB, Macias-Konstantopoulos W. Systematic Review of Emergency Department Effectiveness in Screening, Intervention, and Referral to Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorders. West J Emerg Med. 2017; 18(6):1143-52.
- Macias-Konstantopoulos W. Human Trafficking: The Role of Medicine in Interrupting the Cycle of Abuse and Violence. Ann Intern Med. 2016; 165(8):582-8.