Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
Mass Eye and Ear Longwood
800 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
- MD, National University of Athens Medical School
- MD, University of Athens School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Fellowship, LSU Eye Center
- Fellowship, LSU Health Sciences Center
- Fellowship, LSU Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Borboli-Gerogiannis participates in resident education both in the clinic and operating room and is involved in resident education as the Comprehensive Ophthalmology Service Curriculum advisor and one of the core Wet Lab preceptors. She is also Co-director of the Annual Harvard Medical School Intensive Cataract Surgery Training Course. Dr. Borboli-Gerogiannis performs the ophthalmologic exams for patients enrolled in the Bone Marrow Transplant Survivorship Clinic and for several other clinical trials at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. She also is the coordinator for the Cataract Surgery Database of the Comprehensive Ophthalmology Service.
1. Francone A, Lemanski N, Charles M, Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Chen S, Robert MC, Pineda R. Retrospective comparative analysis of intraocular lens calculation formulas after hyperopic refractive surgery. PLoS One. 2019; 14(11):e0224981.
2. Moustafa GA, Borkar DS, Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Greenstein SH, Lorch AC, Vasan RA, Kloek CE. Optimization of cataract surgery follow-up: A standard set of questions can predict unexpected management changes at postoperative week one. PLoS One. 2019; 14(9):e0221243.
3. Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Jeng-Miller KW, Koulisis N, Moustafa GA, Chang KK, Chen SH, Gardiner MF, Greenstein SH, Luo Z, Chen TC, Loewenstein JI, Miller JW, Haviland MJ, Kloek CE. A Comprehensive Surgical Curriculum Reduced Intra-operative Complication Rates of Resident-performed Cataract Surgeries. J Surg Educ. 2019 Jan - Feb; 76(1):150-157.
4. Finn AP, Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Brauner S, Peggy Chang HY, Chen S, Gardiner M, Greenstein SH, Kloek C, Miller JW, Chen TC. Assessing Resident Cataract Surgery Outcomes Using Medicare Physician Quality Reporting System Measures. J Surg Educ. 2016 Sep-Oct; 73(5):774-9.