Stoneham, MAPhone: 617-573-3202
Boston, MAPhone: 617-523-7900
About Stacey Brauner, MD
As a member of Mass. Eye and Ear's Comprehensive Ophthalmology and Cataract Consultation Service, Dr. Stacey Brauner practices comprehensive ophthalmology, specializing in the treatment of cataracts and medical glaucoma. Patients benefit from her expertise in incisional and laser surgery, which she provides in an outpatient setting, and have the option of being recruited for clinical studies. In the realm of clinical research, Dr. Brauner investigates risk factors related to glaucoma and clinical outcomes of cataract surgery.
While completing her subspecialty training in glaucoma at Mass. Eye and Ear, Dr. Brauner contributed to the development of the Mass. Eye and Ear Cataract Master, a web-based computer simulation tool designed to teach the cognitive aspects of phacoemulsification cataract surgery to ophthalmologists, residents, and fellows.
Mass. Eye and Ear at Stoneham
One Montvale Ave.
Stoneham, MA 02180
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Brauner practices comprehensive ophthalmology and specializes in the treatment of cataracts and medical glaucoma. The majority of her time is spent caring for patients in the outpatient setting and performing incisional and laser surgery for the treatment of cataracts and glaucoma. Her outpatient clinic also serves as her laboratory, where patients are recruited for clinical studies and new observations are made. Her clinical research focuses on various risk factors relatedto glaucoma, glaucoma during pregnancy, and more recently, recognizing new side effects of commonly used glaucoma medications.
1. Nascimento E Silva R, Chiou CA, Wang M, Wang H, Shoji MK, Chou JC, D'Souza EE, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Alves MR, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Microvasculature of the Optic Nerve Head and Peripapillary Region in Patients With Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2019 Apr; 28(4):281-288.
2. Cousins CC, Chou JC, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Shen LQ, Turalba AV, Houlihan P, Ritch R, Wiggs JL, Knepper PA, Pasquale LR. Resting nailfold capillary blood flow in primary open-angle glaucoma. Br J Ophthalmol. 2019 02; 103(2):203-207.
3. Taniguchi EV, Paschalis EI, Li D, Nouri-Mahdavi K, Brauner SC, Greenstein SH, Turalba AV, Wiggs JL, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Thin minimal rim width at Bruch's membrane opening is associated with glaucomatous paracentral visual field loss. Clin Ophthalmol. 2017; 11:2157-2167.
4. Li D, Li T, Paschalis EI, Wang H, Taniguchi EV, Choo ZN, Shoji MK, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Turalba AV, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Optic Nerve Head Characteristics in Chronic Angle Closure Glaucoma Detected by Swept-Source OCT. Curr Eye Res. 2017 11; 42(11):1450-1457.
5. Tsikata E, Verticchio Vercellin AC, Falkenstein I, Poon LY, Brauner S, Khoueir Z, Miller JB, Chen TC. Volumetric Measurement of Optic Nerve Head Drusen Using Swept-Source Optical Coherence Tomography. J Glaucoma. 2017 09; 26(9):798-804.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings