Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Stoneham
One Montvale Avenue
Stoneham, MA 02180
- MD, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Brauner practices comprehensive ophthalmology and specializes in the treatment of cataracts and medical glaucoma. The majority of her time is spent caring for patients in the outpatient setting and performing incisional and laser surgery for the treatment of cataracts and glaucoma. Her outpatient clinic also serves as her laboratory, where patients are recruited for clinical studies and new observations are made. Her clinical research focuses on various risk factors relatedto glaucoma, glaucoma during pregnancy, and more recently, recognizing new side effects of commonly used glaucoma medications.
1. Nascimento E Silva R, Chiou CA, Wang M, Wang H, Shoji MK, Chou JC, D'Souza EE, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Alves MR, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Microvasculature of the Optic Nerve Head and Peripapillary Region in Patients With Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2019 Apr; 28(4):281-288.
2. Cousins CC, Chou JC, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Shen LQ, Turalba AV, Houlihan P, Ritch R, Wiggs JL, Knepper PA, Pasquale LR. Resting nailfold capillary blood flow in primary open-angle glaucoma. Br J Ophthalmol. 2019 02; 103(2):203-207.
3. Taniguchi EV, Paschalis EI, Li D, Nouri-Mahdavi K, Brauner SC, Greenstein SH, Turalba AV, Wiggs JL, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Thin minimal rim width at Bruch's membrane opening is associated with glaucomatous paracentral visual field loss. Clin Ophthalmol. 2017; 11:2157-2167.
4. Li D, Li T, Paschalis EI, Wang H, Taniguchi EV, Choo ZN, Shoji MK, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Turalba AV, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Optic Nerve Head Characteristics in Chronic Angle Closure Glaucoma Detected by Swept-Source OCT. Curr Eye Res. 2017 11; 42(11):1450-1457.
5. Tsikata E, Verticchio Vercellin AC, Falkenstein I, Poon LY, Brauner S, Khoueir Z, Miller JB, Chen TC. Volumetric Measurement of Optic Nerve Head Drusen Using Swept-Source Optical Coherence Tomography. J Glaucoma. 2017 09; 26(9):798-804.