Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MD, Albany Medical College
- Residency, University of Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary
- Residency, University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Chen focuses her research on three-dimensional (3D) imaging of the eye using spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SDOCT) and swept source imaging. Along with collaborators at Massachusetts General Hospital, her research group was the first to image the human eye in vivo with video rate SDOCT, a widely used imaging modality for the care of glaucoma patients. With SDOCT, ultra-highresolution 3D video imaging of the optic nerve and the retina is now possible. Her group was the first to prove that the commercially available scanning laser polarimeter (GDx machine) produces incorrect nerve fiber layer measurements and is based on a false principle. Dr. Chen has been both first and last author on major papers published in the top three ophthalmology journals, Archives of Ophthalmology (now JAMA Ophthalmology), American Journal of Ophthalmology, and Ophthalmology. Dr. Chen also has clinical and research interests in pediatric glaucoma.
1. Lin MM, Rageh A, Turalba AV, Lee H, Falkenstein IA, Hoguet AS, Ojha P, Rao VS, Ratanawongphaibul K, Rhee DJ, Shen LQ, Song BJ, Chen TC. In Reply: Protocol For Titrated Endocycloplasty When Combined With Phacoemulsification in an Exclusive Cohort of Angle Closure Glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2019 Dec; 28(12):e178-e179.
2. Khoueir Z, Jassim F, Braaf B, Poon LY, Tsikata E, Chodosh J, Dohlman CH, Vakoc BJ, Bouma BE, de Boer JF, Chen TC. Three-Dimensional Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging For Glaucoma Associated With Boston Keratoprosthesis Type I and II. J Glaucoma. 2019 Aug; 28(8):718-726.
3. Liu Y, Jassim F, Braaf B, Khoueir Z, Poon LY, Ben-David GS, Papadogeorgou G, Tsikata E, Simavli H, Que C, Lee R, Shieh E, Vakoc BJ, Bouma BE, de Boer JF, Chen TC. Diagnostic Capability of 3D Peripapillary Retinal Volume for Glaucoma Using Optical Coherence Tomography Customized Software. J Glaucoma. 2019 Aug; 28(8):708-717.
4. Fayed MA, Chen TC. Pediatric intraocular pressure measurements: Tonometers, central corneal thickness, and anesthesia. Surv Ophthalmol. 2019 Nov - Dec; 64(6):810-825.