Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MSC, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- MPH, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
- Residency, Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Fellowship, Wills Eye Institute
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Reza Dana is an internationally recognized expert in corneal disorders and ocular inflammation. He conducts both basic and translational research in the field of corneal and transplantation immunology. He studies the molecular and cellular mechanisms of ocular inflammation with applications to autoimmunity, transplantation, dry eye disease, and angiogenesis.
A Gold Fellow of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), he has authored more than 350 peer-reviewed articles and over 140 reviews and book chapters, and has presented more than 250 invited and named lectures worldwide. His published work has been cited more than 22,000 times and has an h-index of 78. Dr. Dana's translational research has led to several successful physician-sponsored IND applications to the FDA. His research is supported by several NIH and U.S. Department of Defense grants.
Dr. Dana has trained more than 80 clinical fellows, and 115 postdoctoral fellows and students in his laboratory from over 33 countries to date, the significant majority holding full-time academic positions in ophthalmology and vision research. He is recipient of the Harvard Medical School A. Clifford Barger Excellence in Mentoring Award, ARVO’s Cogan (2003) and Fridenwald (2018) awards, as well as ISER’s Endre A. Balazs Prize (2016) and the Stein Innovation Award from Research to Prevent Blindness.
1. Dana R. Letter From the New Editor-in-Chief. Cornea. 2020 Jan; 39(1):1.
2. Tahvildari M, Dana R. Low-Dose IL-2 Therapy in Transplantation, Autoimmunity, and Inflammatory Diseases. J Immunol. 2019 Dec 01; 203(11):2749-2755.
3. Deng SX, Borderie V, Chan CC, Dana R, Figueiredo FC, Gomes JAP, Pellegrini G, Shimmura S, Kruse FE. Reply. Cornea. 2019 Dec; 38(12):e56-e57.
4. Inomata T, Iwagami M, Nakamura M, Shiang T, Yoshimura Y, Fujimoto K, Okumura Y, Eguchi A, Iwata N, Miura M, Hori S, Hiratsuka Y, Uchino M, Tsubota K, Dana R, Murakami A. Characteristics and Risk Factors Associated With Diagnosed and Undiagnosed Symptomatic Dry Eye Using a Smartphone Application. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2019 Nov 27.
5. Lu?nik Z, Sun Z, Yin J, Benetz BA, Lass JH, Dana R. A standardized methodology for longitudinal assessment of corneal endothelial morphometry in eye banked corneas. J Biol Methods. 2019; 6(4):e120.