Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency, Cornell University Medical Center
- Residency, New York Hospital (Cornell Univ)
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Greenstein specializes in cataract surgery and comprehensive ophthalmology and has a particular interest in providing second opinions. He teaches cataract surgery techniques to Harvard Medical School Ophthalmology residents at Mass. Eye and Ear and to residents from around the country at the annual Harvard Intensive Cataract Surgery Training Course. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He collaborates in clinical research with the glaucoma and cornea services at Mass Eye and Ear.
1. Moustafa GA, Borkar DS, Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Greenstein SH, Lorch AC, Vasan RA, Kloek CE. Optimization of cataract surgery follow-up: A standard set of questions can predict unexpected management changes at postoperative week one. PLoS One. 2019; 14(9):e0221243.
2. Nascimento E Silva R, Chiou CA, Wang M, Wang H, Shoji MK, Chou JC, D'Souza EE, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Alves MR, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Microvasculature of the Optic Nerve Head and Peripapillary Region in Patients With Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2019 Apr; 28(4):281-288.
3. Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Jeng-Miller KW, Koulisis N, Moustafa GA, Chang KK, Chen SH, Gardiner MF, Greenstein SH, Luo Z, Chen TC, Loewenstein JI, Miller JW, Haviland MJ, Kloek CE. A Comprehensive Surgical Curriculum Reduced Intra-operative Complication Rates of Resident-performed Cataract Surgeries. J Surg Educ. 2019 Jan - Feb; 76(1):150-157.
4. Cousins CC, Chou JC, Greenstein SH, Brauner SC, Shen LQ, Turalba AV, Houlihan P, Ritch R, Wiggs JL, Knepper PA, Pasquale LR. Resting nailfold capillary blood flow in primary open-angle glaucoma. Br J Ophthalmol. 2019 02; 103(2):203-207.
5. Taniguchi EV, Paschalis EI, Li D, Nouri-Mahdavi K, Brauner SC, Greenstein SH, Turalba AV, Wiggs JL, Pasquale LR, Shen LQ. Thin minimal rim width at Bruch's membrane opening is associated with glaucomatous paracentral visual field loss. Clin Ophthalmol. 2017; 11:2157-2167.