Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- Residency, Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Fellowship, Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kim is the Evangelos S. Gragoudas Distinguished Scholar in Retina at Mass. Eye and Ear. In addition to serving as Co-Director of the Harvard Ophthamoogy AMD and Ocular Oncology Centers of Excellence, she co-directs the Ocular Melanoma Center at Mass. Eye and Ear.
Her research focuses on the medical and surgical treatment of patients with vitreoretinal diseases. Additionally, she conducts clinical and translational research directed toward the development of new therapies for AMD and ocular melanoma. Together with Drs. Margaret DeAngelis and Joan Miller, she has described novel associations of genes such as RORA, ROB01, and CYP24A 1 with AMD that may highlight important pathways in AMD pathogenesis. Dr. Kim has also initiated and participates in various clinical trials involving new therapeutic approaches for uveal melanoma. Additionally, she has an ongoing collaboration with investigators at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Broad Institute evaluating circulating DNA as a biomarker for uveal melanoma progression.
1. Francis JH, Berry D, Abramson DH, Barker CA, Bergstrom C, Demirci H, Engelbert M, Grossniklaus H, Hubbard B, Iacob CE, Jaben K, Kurli M, Postow MA, Wolchok JD, Kim IK, Wells JR. Intravitreous Cutaneous Metastatic Melanoma in the Era of Checkpoint Inhibition: Unmasking and Masquerading. Ophthalmology. 2019 Sep 24.
2. Bianchi JI, Graue EF, Lopez-Rubio S, Bellerive C, Biscotti CV, Singh AD, Kim IK. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Challenges. Retina. 2019 08; 39(8):1632-1634.
3. Laíns I, Chung W, Kelly RS, Gil J, Marques M, Barreto P, Murta JN, Kim IK, Vavvas DG, Miller JB, Silva R, Lasky-Su J, Liang L, Miller JW, Husain D. Human Plasma Metabolomics in Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Meta-Analysis of Two Cohorts. Metabolites. 2019 Jul 02; 9(7).
4. Lee Kim E, Weiner AJ, Ung C, Roh M, Wang J, Lee IJ, Huang NT, Stem M, Dahrouj M, Eliott D, Vavvas DG, Young LHY, Williams GA, Garretson BR, Kim IK, Hassan TS, Mukai S, Ruby AJ, Faia LJ, Capone A, Comander J, Kim LA, Wu DM, Drenser KA, Woodward MA, Wolfe JD, Yonekawa Y. Characterization of Epiretinal Proliferation in Full-Thickness Macular Holes and Effects on Surgical Outcomes. Ophthalmol Retina. 2019 Aug; 3(8):694-702.
5. Oxenreiter MM, Lane AM, Jain P, Kim IK, Gragoudas ES. Conservative management of suspicious melanocytic lesions of the iris. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2019 Jun; 257(6):1319-1324.