Christopher Moran, MD
Christopher Moran, MD
Program Director, MGHfC Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Fellowship
Research Director, MGHfC Center for Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8705
About Christopher Moran, MD
Christopher J. Moran, MD, is an attending physician who treats patients in the MassGeneral Hospital for Children Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition unit and the MassGeneral Hospital for Children Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center.
He is the director of the Pediatric GI Fellowship Program at MassGeneral Hospital for Children and has previously been the co-director of the Fellow Mentoring Program of NASPGHAN.
His research interests focus on the genetics of very early onset inflammatory bowel disease and using genetic testing to better understand inflammatory bowel disease and develop more targeted therapies for patients.
As part of the MGHfC Pediatric IBD Program, he frequently attends the MGHfC Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Parent-Patient Advisory Team events.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Gastrointestinal and nutritional disorders of infants
- Immunodeficiency syndromes
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General for Children: Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition Program
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Identification of Genetic Variants by Whole Exome Sequencing in Very Early Onset Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Comprehensive Analysis of Genetic Variation in Children with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Determining the Role of Interleukin-10 Receptor Polymorphisms in Early-Onset Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Correlation of Histopathology with Disease Course in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Genetic Determinants of Therapy Response in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Ushiku T, Moran CJ, Lauwers GY. Focally enhanced gastritis in newly diagnosed pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Surg Path. 2013 Dec; 37(12):1882-8.
Moran CJ, Walters T, Guo C, et. al. IL-10R Polymorphisms are Associated with Very Early-Onset Ulcerative Colitis Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013 Jan; 19(1):115-23.
Moy MP, Kaplan JL, Moran CJ, Winter HS, Gee MS MR Enterographic Findings as Biomarkers of Mucosal Healing in Young Patients with Crohn Disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2016 Jun 28:1-7
Savarino J, Kaplan J, Winter H, Moran C, Israel E. Improving Clinical Remission Rates in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease with Pre-Visit Planning. BMJ Quality. 2016.
Moran CJ, Kaplan JL, Winter HS. Genetic Variation Affects C-Reactive Protein Elevations in Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2018
Moran CJ, Huang H, Rivas M, Kaplan JL, Daly MJ, Winter HS. Genetic variants in cellular transport do not affect mesalamine response in ulcerative colitis. PLoS One. 2018.
Moran CJ, Noreck J, Winter HS, Li EX, Biller JA, Israel EJ, Kaplan JL. Additional Intestinal Mucosal Biopsy Sampling for Research is Safe During Pediatric Endoscopic Procedures. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2019.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings