Billy Costa talks with Dr. Robb Friedman, Dr. Amy Comander, and Dr. Larry Blaszkowsky about how the care teams at Mass General Cancer Center's community locations provide patients with access to world-class cancer care close to home.
Amy Comander, MD
Amy Comander, MD
Director, Breast Oncology Program at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Cancer Center at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
Waltham: Mass General Waltham
Mass General Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley
2014 Washington St.
Newton, MA 02462
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- PAVING the Path to Wellness for Breast Cancer Survivors: Lifestyle Medicine Education and Group Interventions
Comander A, Frates, B, and Tollefson M. Am J Lifestyle Medicine 2021 Jan 29;15(3):242-248
Orman A, Johnson DL, Comander A, Brockton N. Am J Lifestyle Medicine 2020 Apr 26;14(5):483-494.
- Clinical outcome of triple negative breast cancer in BRCA1 mutation carriers and noncarriers.
Lee LJ, Alexander B, Schnitt SJ, Comander A, Gallagher B, Garber JE, Tung N. Cancer. 2011 Jul 15;117(14):3093-100.
- Estrogen receptor positive breast cancers in BRCA1 mutation carriers: clinical risk factors and pathologic features. Tung N, Wang Y, Collins LC, Kaplan J, Li H, Gelman R, Comander AH, Gallagher B, Fetten K, Krag K, Stoeckert KA, Legare RD, Sgroi D, Ryan PD, Garber JE, Schnitt SJ. Breast Cancer Res. 2010;12(1):R12.
Related News and Articles
- Apr | 29 | 2021
Fatigue is a common symptom experienced by many cancer patients and survivors and one that can significantly impact quality of life. In this webinar, we explore ways to combat fatigue including physical activity, nutrition, and the important role that music can play.
- Oct | 13 | 2020
This video provides an overview of acupuncture as an integrative therapy for managing symptoms such as hot flashes and insomnia (trouble sleeping).
- Jul | 7 | 2020
The Mass General Cancer Center has many community locations, with doctors and staff consistently docking in with one another. Learn about the community of care being provided at our different sites.
- Jun | 16 | 2020
In this video, Amy Comander, MD, Carol Sullivan, RD, and Samantha Bateman, RD review evidence-based nutrition recommendations for cancer survivors, and discuss how food can be used to strengthen your body during treatment and beyond.
- Patient Story
- Oct | 22 | 2019
I knew I wanted my care at Newton-Wellesley. The doctors at their cancer center — who are Mass General Cancer Center doctors — continuously go above and beyond for their patients.