Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Stoneham
One Montvale Avenue
Stoneham, MA 02180
- MD, Albany Medical College
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, UC San Francisco
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Yoon is interested in researching the clinical aspects of ophthalmic plastic surgery, especially orbital infections, orbital imaging, and digital image analysis. In collaboration with Otolaryngology, he is analyzing fungal orbital infections, including their risk factors, current treatment algorithms, and outcomes based on risk factors. He also is validating automated facial measurement software through a comparison of clinical measurements and various camera setups. Finally, Dr. Yoon is using software to quantify volumes of the orbit and paranasal sinuses in various conditions, such as the silent sinus syndrome.
1. Dohlman JC, Wolkow N, Yoon MK. Sequential Bilateral Subperiosteal Hematomas. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020 Jan 08.
2. Lee DH, Cohen LM, Yoon MK, Tao JP. Punctal stenosis associated with dupilumab therapy for atopic dermatitis. J Dermatolog Treat. 2020 Jan 07; 1-4.
3. Cohen LM, Habib LA, Yoon MK. Post-traumatic enophthalmos secondary to orbital fat atrophy: a volumetric analysis. Orbit. 2019 Nov 14; 1-6.
4. Tainsh LT, Jakobiec FA, Wolkow N, Yoon MK. Doxycycline-associated conjunctival cysts. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2019 Oct 24.
5. Armstrong GW, Jeng-Miller K, Oellers P, Yoon MK. A 76-year-old woman with progressive right-sided proptosis, blepharoptosis, vision loss, and ophthalmoplegia. Digit J Ophthalmol. 2019; 25(3):45-48.