Stoneham, MAPhone: 617-573-3202
Boston, MAPhone: 617-523-7900
About Michael Yoon, MD
Dr. Michael Yoon is a member of the Mass. Eye and Ear Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Service, as well as the Center for Thyroid Eye Disease and Orbital Surgery. He treats patients with orbit, eyelid, and tear drainage system dysfunctions. He specializes in orbital tumors and inflammations, traumatic lacerations and fractures, and reconstructive and cosmetic eyelid surgery.
Dr. Yoon graduate magna cum laude from an accelerated medical degree program at Albany Medical College and Union College. He completed his ophthalmology residency training at Tufts-New England Medical Center and received the Ophthalmic Knowledge Assessment Program Achievement Award. He went on to complete fellowship training in Neuro-Ophthalmology, Orbital Surgery, and Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco, Medical Center.
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Ocular oncology
- Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery
Mass. Eye and Ear at Stoneham
One Montvale Ave.
Stoneham, MA 02180
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Albany Medical College
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, University of California San Francsico
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Yoon is interested in researching the clinical aspects of ophthalmic plastic surgery, especially orbital infections, orbital imaging, and digital image analysis. In collaboration with Otolaryngology, he is analyzing fungal orbital infections, including their risk factors, current treatment algorithms, and outcomes based on risk factors. He also is validating automated facial measurement software through a comparison of clinical measurements and various camera setups. Finally, Dr. Yoon is using software to quantify volumes of the orbit and paranasal sinuses in various conditions, such as the silent sinus syndrome.
1. Dohlman JC, Wolkow N, Yoon MK. Sequential Bilateral Subperiosteal Hematomas. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020 Jan 08.
2. Lee DH, Cohen LM, Yoon MK, Tao JP. Punctal stenosis associated with dupilumab therapy for atopic dermatitis. J Dermatolog Treat. 2020 Jan 07; 1-4.
3. Cohen LM, Habib LA, Yoon MK. Post-traumatic enophthalmos secondary to orbital fat atrophy: a volumetric analysis. Orbit. 2019 Nov 14; 1-6.
4. Tainsh LT, Jakobiec FA, Wolkow N, Yoon MK. Doxycycline-associated conjunctival cysts. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2019 Oct 24.
5. Armstrong GW, Jeng-Miller K, Oellers P, Yoon MK. A 76-year-old woman with progressive right-sided proptosis, blepharoptosis, vision loss, and ophthalmoplegia. Digit J Ophthalmol. 2019; 25(3):45-48.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings