Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency, Stanford University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Stanford University Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Ly's research interests include adjuvant therapy-induced changes in breast cancer, the utility of cytologic specimens for molecular studies, and circulating tumor cells in breast cancer patients.
Dong J, Ly A* et al. Breast Fine Needle Aspiration Continues to be Relevant in a Large Academic Medical Center. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016 Jul 6. *Co-first author.
- Ly A et al. Fine needle aspiration biopsy of palpable breast masses: patterns of clinical use and patient experience. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016 May.
- Aisagbonhi O, DeLelys M, Hartford N, Preffer F, Ly A. Utility of flow cytometry in diagnosing hematologic malignancy in tonsillar tissue. Int J Surg Pathol. Accepted for publication.
- Ly A et al. Increased rate of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance and declining high risk human papilloma virus rates following implementation of Thinprep Imaging system are associated with increased nuclear chromasia. J Am Soc Cytopathol. Mar 2014.
- Reisenbichler E, Lester S, Richardson A, Dillon D, Ly A, Brock J. Interobserver concordance in implementing 2010 ASCO/CAP recommendations for reporting ER in breast carcinomas. Am J Clin Pathol. 2013 Oct.
- Ly A, Kong CS. Fine needle aspiration of the breast. In Practical Breast Pathology. 2012.
- Ly A, Lester S, Dillon D. Prognostic factors for patients with breast cancer: traditional and new. In Current Concepts in Breast Pathology: Diagnostic Dilemmas and New Insights. 2012.
- Ly A. Fine needle aspiration techniques and specimen handling. In Cytopathology. 2014.