Salem, MAPhone: 978-741-1200
About Husam Ansari, MD, PhD
Dr. Ansari attended Harvard University, where he studied biochemistry and graduated cum laude. He graduated with an MD and a PhD in Molecular Biology from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Ansari completed his ophthalmology residency and glaucoma fellowship at two institutions : the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University and the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami. Dr. Ansari has been a member of the full-time faculty at the Scheie Eye Institute of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia where he was recognized as an outstanding clinician, educator, and administrator.
His past and current research interests include the surgical management of glaucoma, glaucoma laser treatment, uveitic glaucoma, and surgical training in ophthalmology.
Dr. Ansari is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist and is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and the American Glaucoma Society. He has vast experience in the medical, laser, and surgical management of all glaucoma-related conditions, including a particular interest in patients who have failed previous glaucoma surgeries and patients with concurrent cataract and lens implant issues.
- Hindi, Urdu
North Shore Physicians Group
81 Highland Ave
Salem, MA 01970
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Residency, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins
- Fellowship, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings