Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-4600
About Esteban Franco Garcia, MD
Dr. Esteban Franco Garcia is an Instructor in Medicine at Harvard Medical School and an attending physician in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Palliative Care and Geriatric Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital. He received his medical degree from the Universidad El Bosque in Bogotá, Colombia, and then went on to complete his residency in Internal Medicine at New York Medical College-Metropolitan Hospital Center where he stayed on for an additional year as chief resident. He then completed the Geriatric Medicine fellowship at Mass General.
After his fellowship, Dr. Franco Garcia joined the Mass General faculty and has several years of experience with ortho-geriatric co-management and currently directs the Geriatric Inpatient Fracture Service (GIFTS). He is also interested in medical education and has served as program director for the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship program since 2018.
“Being a Geriatrician and caring for older adults is challenging but very rewarding. We have the privilege of helping people age in place as well as helping them through difficult times of their lives like an acute hospitalization. I thoroughly enjoy teaching and forming the next generation of geriatricians to understand the implications that the aging process has and how we can provide better, patient-centered care for our patients.”
- Geriatric medicine
Mass General Geriatric Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Universidad El Bosque
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Geriatric Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings