Matthew Wszolek, MD
Matthew Wszolek, MD
Assistant in Urology, Massachusetts General Hospital
Chair, Quality and Safety (Urology Department)
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Danvers, MAPhone: 978-882-6100
Boston, MAPhone: 857-238-3838
About Matthew Wszolek, MD
Matthew F. Wszolek MD is a urologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Urology. He specializes in the treatment of urologic cancers and related research.
Dr. Wszolek is a faculty member of the Department of Urology and a Urologic Oncologist at Massachusetts General Hospital. He finished his urology residency in 2011 and subsequently completed a fellowship in urologic oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Wszolek's clinical practice focuses on the surgical treatment of urologic cancers including bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer and testicular cancer. He has extensive experience performing robotic surgery. He is the department chair of Quality and Safety and is an Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Robotic surgery
- Testicular cancer
- Ureteral Cancer
- Urethral Cancer
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
Mass General Urology
165 Cambridge St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency, Lahey Clinic
- Residency, Lahey Clinic Medical Center
- Fellowship, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
American Board Certifications
- Urology, American Board of Urology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Culp SH, Dickstein RJ, Grossman HB, Pretzsch SM, Porten S, Daneshmand S, Cai J, Groshen S, Siefker-Radtke A, Millikan RE, Czerniak B, Navai N, Wszolek MF, Kamat AM, Dinney CP, Refining Patient Selection for Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Prior to Radical Cystectomy, J Urol, 2013 Jul 30, [Epub ahead of print]
- Dinney CP, Fisher MB, Navai N, ODonnell MA, Cutler D, Abraham A, Young S, Hutchins B, Grossman HB, Kamat A, Gonzales M, Ainslee N, Wszolek MF, Benedict WF, Phase I Trial of Intravesicle Recombinant Adenovirus-Mediated Interferon Alpha Formulated in Syn3 for BCG-resistant Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer, J Urol, 2013 Mar 15 [Epub ahead of print]
- Adam L, Wszolek MF, Chang-Gong L, Wang J, Diao L, Zien A, Zhang JD, Jackson D, Dinney CP, Plasma MicroRNA Profiles for Bladder Cancer Detection, Urologic Oncology, 2012, Aug 2 [Epub ahead of print]
- Wszolek MF, Rieger-Christ K, Kenney PA, Gould JJ, Neto BS, LaVoie AK, Logvinenko T, Libertino JA, Summerhayes IC, A microRNA Expression Profile Defining the Invasive Bladder Tumor Phenotype, Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, 2011, 29(6): 794-801.
- Wszolek MF, Kenney PA, Lee Y, Libertino JA, Comparison of Hilar Clamping and Non-Hilar Clamping Partial Nephrectomy for Tumors Involving a Solitary Kidney, BJU Int, 2011; 107 (12): 1886-92.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings