Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2914
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-6960
About Yakir Levin, MD, PhD
Yakir Levin, MD, PhD is a board-certified dermatologist and physician scientist at MGH, where he practices medical, laser, and cosmetic dermatology. Before joining the faculty, he completed a 2-year fellowship in laser and cosmetic procedures at MGH’s Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Center, one of the world’s leading cosmetic centers.
Dr. Levin graduated summa cum laude from Yeshiva University, where he earned a BA in Physics. He was accepted to the Medical Scientist Training Program at Stanford University and completed his MD at the School of Medicine, and his MS and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering at the School of Engineering. His work focused on development of novel MRI technologies to non-invasively detect and monitor cancer and kidney disease. Dr. Levin completed his internship at Emory University and his residency in dermatology at Boston University Medical Center, where he served as chief resident. While at BU Medical Center, Dr. Levin received the Marie-France Demierre Award for Humanism.
Currently a member of the laboratory of Professor R. Rox Anderson at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at MGH, Dr. Levin’s research endeavors to improve the quality of life of patients with disfiguring birthmarks and hyperhidrosis, and to develop new platform technologies for the treatment of a variety of dermatologic diseases. He belongs to several professional organizations including the American Academy of Dermatology, the Society of Investigative Dermatology, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Levin specializes in the treatment of vascular and pigmented birthmarks in children, and in performance of laser and cosmetic procedures to address clinical signs of aging. In addition to general medical dermatology, Dr. Levin’s interests include skin cancer, hyperhidrosis, and pigmentary disorders. Dr. Levin also offers cosmetic services at our Danvers location to help prevent and reduce the noticeable signs of aging.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Dermatology (general)
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Skin cancer
- Vitiligo and pigmentary disorders
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Dermatology
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Dermatology: Laser and Cosmetic Center
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
- M.D.; Ph.D., Stanford University School of Medicine
- Residency, Boston Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings