Please join us in congratulating the 13 Mass General orthopaedic surgeons named Top Doctors by Boston magazine for 2022. This impressive achievement is a testament to the commitment of our clinical team to providing safe, high-quality care while ensuring an exceptional patient experience.
Mitchel Harris, MD
Mitchel Harris, MD
Chief, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Trauma Service
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Building for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- Residency, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Residency, Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre
- Fellowship, Queen's Medical Centre
- Fellowship, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook Health Science Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Outcomes of the Management of Spinal Disorders: Operative and Nonoperative
- Fracture Management and Outcomes
- Outcomes of Geriatric Spinal Fracture Management
- Osteomyelitis at the Cellular Level
- Stem Cell Augmentation of Fracture Healing
- Leonard DA, Schoenfeld AJ, Harris MB, Bono CM. The prognostic value of preoperative participation in activities of daily living on postoperative outcomes following lumbar discectomy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2017 Apr; 155:40-44.
- Gitajn IL, Heng M, Weaver MJ, Casemyr N, May C, Vrahas MS, Harris MB. Mortality Following Surgical Management of Vancouver B Periprosthetic Fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Jan; 31(1):9-14.
- Paulino Pereira NR, Langerhuizen DW, Janssen SJ, Hornicek FJ, Ferrone ML, Harris MB, Schwab JH. Are perioperative allogeneic blood transfusions associated with 90-days infection after operative treatment for bone metastases? J Surg Oncol. 2016 Dec; 114(8):997-1003.
- Bono CM, Leonard DA, Cha TD, Schwab JH, Wood KB, Harris MB, Schoenfeld AJ. The effect of short (2-weeks) versus long (6-weeks) post-operative restrictions following lumbar discectomy: a prospective randomized control trial. Eur Spine J. 2017 Mar; 26(3):905-912.