The MGH Department of Orthopaedic Surgery will soon welcome a new leader. With more than 25 years of academic and clinical experience in Orthopaedic Surgery, Mitchel Harris, MD, has been named the department’s new chief, effective Oct. 1.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3C
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- Residency, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Residency, Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Outcomes of the Management of Spinal Disorders: Operative and Nonoperative
- Fracture Management and Outcomes
- Outcomes of Geriatric Spinal Fracture Management
- Osteomyelitis at the Cellular Level
- Stem Cell Augmentation of Fracture Healing
- Leonard DA, Schoenfeld AJ, Harris MB, Bono CM. The prognostic value of preoperative participation in activities of daily living on postoperative outcomes following lumbar discectomy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2017 Apr; 155:40-44.
- Gitajn IL, Heng M, Weaver MJ, Casemyr N, May C, Vrahas MS, Harris MB. Mortality Following Surgical Management of Vancouver B Periprosthetic Fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Jan; 31(1):9-14.
- Paulino Pereira NR, Langerhuizen DW, Janssen SJ, Hornicek FJ, Ferrone ML, Harris MB, Schwab JH. Are perioperative allogeneic blood transfusions associated with 90-days infection after operative treatment for bone metastases? J Surg Oncol. 2016 Dec; 114(8):997-1003.
- Bono CM, Leonard DA, Cha TD, Schwab JH, Wood KB, Harris MB, Schoenfeld AJ. The effect of short (2-weeks) versus long (6-weeks) post-operative restrictions following lumbar discectomy: a prospective randomized control trial. Eur Spine J. 2017 Mar; 26(3):905-912.
- Oct | 30 | 2017
Mitchel B. Harris, MD, has been named chief of the Department of Orthopaedics at Massachusetts General Hospital, effective October 1, 2017.