As a lifelong competitive athlete, Sasha has experienced three bike crashes. He received care at multiple Mass General locations over several years and worked with teams of orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists to build a multidisciplinary approach to his recovery.
Gregory Waryasz, MD
Gregory Waryasz, MD
Director, Foot & Ankle Sports Medicine
Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon
Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General/Newton-Wellesley Foot & Ankle Center
52 Second Ave.
Blue Building, Suite 1150, First Floor
Waltham, MA 02451
Foot & Ankle Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Waryasz is an active researcher in both orthopaedic surgery and strength and conditioning. He has extensively published in foot and ankle surgery, orthopaedic trauma and sports medicine. He is actively involved in all types of research including basic science and clinical.
His most recent international project is both a retrospective and prospective analysis of CrossFit® injuries in Costa Rica. He also is actively researching injuries in the National Football League. He enjoys performing research to help innovate patient care and improve the patient care experience. He is active in product design and surgical innovations.
- Pidgeon, T. S., Crisco, J. J., Waryasz, G. R., Moore, D. C. & DaSilva, M. F. Ulnar Styloid Base Fractures Cause Distal Radioulnar Joint Instability in a Cadaveric Model. Hand N. Y. N 13, 65–73 (2018).
- Vopat, B. Waryasz GR et al. Epidemiology of Navicular Injury at the NFL Combine and Their Impact on an Athlete’s Prospective NFL Career. Orthop. J. Sports Med. 5, 2325967117723285 (2017).
- Waryasz, G. R., Marcaccio, S., Gil, J. A., Owens, B. D. & Fadale, P. D. Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair and Biologic Innovations. JBJS Rev. 5, e2 (2017).
- Waryasz, G. R. et al. Patient Comprehension of Carpal Tunnel Surgery: An Investigation of Health Literacy. Hand N. Y. N 12, 175–180 (2017).
- Waryasz, G. R., Marcaccio, S. & Gil, J. A. Technique Tip- Use of an ACL Guide for Fixation or Fusion of Lisfranc Injuries . Foot Ankle Spec. 10, 149–151 (2017).
- DeFroda, S. F., Nacca, C., Waryasz, G. R. & Owens, B. D. Diagnosis and Management of Distal Clavicle Osteolysis. Orthopedics 40, 119–124 (2017). Johnson, J. P. et al. Vertically Oriented Femoral Neck Fractures: A Biomechanical.
Related News and Articles
- Patient Education
- Jun | 8 | 2021
Specialists from Mass General’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery offer timely advice on creating an ideal work-from-home setup for relaxed and sustainable productivity.