Matthew Naunheim, MD, MBA
Matthew Naunheim, MD, MBA
Laryngologist, Massachusetts Eye and Ear
Medical Director, Transgender Voice Center, Massachusetts Eye and Ear
Boston, MAPhone: 617-523-7900
About Matthew Naunheim, MD, MBA
Dr. Matthew Naunheim is a fellowship-trained laryngologist who specializes in voice, breathing, and swallowing problems. He focuses on minimally-invasive removal of growths of the voice box with the use of cutting-edge technology.
Dr. Naunheim cares for patients with complex laryngeal pathology including laryngeal cancer, laryngeal dysplasia, airway narrowing, vocal cord paralysis, vocal cord polyps, and respiratory papillomatosis. He is the medicald director of the Mass. Eye and Ear Transgender Voice center.
Dr. Naunheim’s practice also offers in-office (non-sedated, awake) procedures, such as vocal cord augmentation for paralysis, steroid and Botox injections, laser treatments of the vocal cords, and biopsies.
Dr. Naunheim is also on the forefront of research related to patient quality-of-life. He has helped implement a patient-reported outcome measure for subglottic stenosis. He has also established tradeoffs between risk of complication, likelihood of surgical success, and postoperative voice quality for laryngotracheal surgery. He uses advanced econometric methodologies to quantitatively understand patient preferences.
- Laryngology / Voice
- Laser Treatments of the Vocal Cords
- Steroid and Botox Injections
- Vocal Cord Augmentation for Paralysis
- Voice and swallowing disorders
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
- Fellowship, Mount Sinai Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American Board of Otolaryngology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings