Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Newton-Wellesley Spine Center
159 Wells Avenue
Newton, MA 02459
Orthopaedic Spine Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science
- Residency, Loyola University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Fogel performs both clinical and basic science research. His research interests include value-based healthcare, patient outcomes following spine surgery, and the biological features of a spine fusion. His research has received awards at national and international conferences and has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals.
Dr. Fogel has also been awarded research grants from such organizations as the Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation.
- Fogel H, Jenis L. The Economic Burden of Osteoporosis. In: Razi AE, Hershman SH, eds. Spinal Compression Fractures in Osteoporotic and Pathologic Bone.
- Le H, Fogel H, Hershman SH. High-Grade Spondylolisthesis: Partial Reduction. In: Bridwell K, Gupta M, eds. Textbook of Spinal Surgery.
- Pak LM, Fogel HA, Chaudhary MA, Kwon NK, Barton LB, Koehlmoos T, Haider AH, Schoenfeld AJ. Outpatient Spine Clinic Utilization is Associated with Reduced Emergency Department Visits Following Spine Surgery. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2017 Dec 20.
- Fogel H, Summers H, Faulkner L, Lack W, Bernstein M. Generating Value-Based Orthopaedic Trauma Metrics: Linking Current Procedural Terminology Codes to Supply and Implant Spending. Iowa Orthop J.
- Fogel H, Natoli R, Holt D, Schiff A, Bernstein M, Summers H, Lack W. Advanced Imaging Lacks Clinical Utility in Treating Geriatric Pelvic Ring Injuries Caused by Low-energy Trauma. J Ortho Trauma. 2016 2017 Apr; 31(4):194-199.
- Baluch D, Fogel HA, Patel A, Singh, K. Bone Morphogenetic Protein Use in Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion. Contemporary Spine Surgery. 2013 Oct; 14 (10):1-8.