Christy Cauley, MD, MPH
Christy Cauley, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-5166
About Christy Cauley, MD, MPH
Christy Cauley, MD, MPH, is a board-certified general and colorectal surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital and an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School. She received her Medical Degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and her Master’s in Public Health degree from Harvard University. She completed residency training at Massachusetts General Hospital and a colorectal surgery fellowship at Cleveland Clinic before joining the faculty at the Massachusetts General Hospital. She is an Associate Faculty member at Ariadne Labs, a joint health system innovation center at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health as part of the Safe Surgery / Safe Systems team.
Dr. Cauley clinical expertise is in treating patients with colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and diverticulitis. She provides treatment options through minimally invasive techniques with advanced training in robotic and laparoscopic colorectal resections, transanal minimally invasive surgery, and endoscopic procedures.
Dr. Cauley is dedicated to improving the surgical care of older adults. Her research focuses on understanding recovery outcomes of older adults and improving the identification and management of unmet needs of older adults and their caregivers. Her work in patient centered outcomes and surgical quality improvement has led to several original publications and invited national talks. She serves as a reviewer for the Diseases of the Colon & Rectum and Annals of Surgery and is an active member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons, and the Surgical Society of the Alimentary Tract.
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Colon and rectal polyps
- Ileoanal j-pouch surgery
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Laparoscopy for colon and rectal cancer
- Laparoscopy for Crohn's disease
- Laparoscopy for ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis
- Robotic Colorectal Resections and Pelvic Floor Reconstructions
- Surgery for Crohns disease and ulcerative colitis
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM)
Mass General Surgery
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
American Board Certifications
- Colon & Rectal Surgery, American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Cauley’s research is focused on improving the quality and safety of surgical care and health systems with a focus on patient-centered outcomes. Her publications aim to improve our current understanding of patient outcomes after surgery to improve shared decision-making between surgeons, patients, and their families. She is a researcher in the Safe Surgery Safe Systems group at Ariadne Labs.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Mass General is home to the fastest growing robotic surgery program in New England and is a minimally invasive treatment option for many conditions.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings